Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you help support a young musician and Tom Bihn fan?

Hello fellow lovers of Tom Bihn! I've got a favor to ask.

My daughter Annapurna is 11, and has been chosen as a finalist in an International competition for female drummers. Part of the contest includes public voting, and I'd like to ask you to consider taking a look, and giving her your vote if you are so inclined. You can vote once a day until 4/9.

Here is a direct link to her entry:

Annapurna Tobler | Hit Like A Girl

Voting does require that you create an account, but it's pretty fast and easy with Facebook login, or just using your email address. If you're using a mobile phone, try turning it sideways to vote, as it works better that way.

Thank you so much for your consideration. Annapurna is thrilled to be included with so many outstanding female drummers, and would be so grateful for your vote.

2014-08-13 12.26.24 by Goosefeather26, on Flickr
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your consideration, Bihnions! Today is a new day, and you can vote again, if you are so inclined. The competition was super intense yesterday, and she played leapfrog for the top spot all day. I hope to build a solid base of voters who are willing to log in every day to vote. Is that you? :-)
    --Amanda

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I voted today! I will try to remember to do it every day. Your daughter is very talented!
    WF: Original Halcyon/UV; Pilot: Original Halcyon/Wasabi; CP: Original Halcyon/Wasabi; SCB: Nordic Halcyon/Wasabi; LSs : Aubergine/Island and Nordic Halcyon/Monarch; DLBC: Nordic Halcyon/Steel; DLBP: Nordic Halcyon/NWS; SK: Black Halcyon/NWS; SEs: Black Halcyon/Wasabi and Nordic Halcyon/Iberian; LSB: Monarch; SSBs: Original Halcyon, Iberian, Sitka, Fjord; Clear 3DOC: Iberian; STT: Island; First Aid, various pouches and key straps

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much! The competition is intense, and I'm trying to get creative in reaching out to as many networks as I can. It's a new day to vote!

Cheers!
    --Amanda

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For anyone following along, you can vote once a day through April 9 using an email address or Facebook account. If you are using a phone, this link works best:
    http://hitlikeagirlcontest.com/leaderboard/

Just scroll down to the <18 area and look for Annapurna. Thank you so much!
    --Amanda

Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have been voting every day. Your daughter is amazing on those drums!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Ferret View Post
    Have been voting every day. Your daughter is amazing on those drums!
    Thanks so much! Every day, we go to bed with Annapurna in the lead, but wake up behind again. I have a feeling that it will be close like this to the very end. Every vote is going to be so important to keep her at the front. It's exciting and stressful!
    --Amanda

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please keep voting, Bihnions!
    --Amanda

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toblerhaus View Post
    Please keep voting, Bihnions!
    I've been voting regularly, but I see what you mean about the next closet competitor pulling ahead. I really enjoyed your daughter's performance, and it's even more impressive given the age within that group -- most of the under 18 performers are around 17, not 11!

moriond

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much! We're doing our best to keep voters going, and recruit new voters, but it's proving difficult to close that gap. Annapurna is in great spirits, and knows that this "popularity contest" is only a part of the fun. We've agreed to keep fighting to try to win votes, but there are other good things ahead no matter what. I'll update as I have more news to share.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I've been voting regularly, but I see what you mean about the next closet competitor pulling ahead. I really enjoyed your daughter's performance, and it's even more impressive given the age within that group -- most of the under 18 performers are around 17, not 11!

moriond
    --Amanda

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much! We're doing our best to keep voters going, and recruit new voters, but it's proving difficult to close that gap. Annapurna is in great spirits, and knows that this "popularity contest" is only a part of the fun. We've agreed to keep fighting to try to win votes, but there are other good things ahead no matter what. I'll update as I have more news to share.
    By the way, how many instruments does Annapurna play? Just asking because I was reminded of your recent post in the thread, For fun what's on your o-ring:

My o-rings usually have boring things attached. Keys, tiny pouch with lip balm, key strap attached to any number of wallets, pouches and organizers.

Probably the most interesting uses are:

1. Tiny pouch with individual packets of Cholula hot sauce, because my life is better with Cholula.
    2. My daughter keeps a little snap pouch of guitar picks and ear plugs attached to her o-rings in her backpack. You never know when you might stumble on a chance to play music, and she's always prepared!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    By the way, how many instruments does Annapurna play? Just asking because I was reminded of your recent post in the thread, For fun what's on your o-ring:
    Ha! Good question! Drumming is her true love, but she's also quite good on guitar and bass. She wants to play all the instruments!

If you're interested in seeing more of her work, there is more here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsP...yZLxBJHH88m4cQ
    --Amanda

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

It's a new day to vote for Annapurna! http://hitlikeagirlcontest.com

I can feel the momentum building, and hope you'll stick it out to vote for 3 more days! The gap is narrowing, and got as close as 35 votes late last night. Annapurna's currently in second place, but is only behind by 42 votes.

If you're so inclined, you are welcome to share with your other social media. We're digging deep to try to get new voters to jump on board for a big weekend push. :-)
    --Amanda

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I voted again!
    Good luck!
    Whether she comes in first or not, she's very talented.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's amazing! Will pass on the link

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast