Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sketchbook and Pen pictures

I took some fotos... because that is what I like doing. :-)

For sizing of the pen: here it is next to a Lamy Safari and a Pilot G2

This is the Small Travel Tray

And this is the Large Travel Tray:

I hope this is helpful
    Ilkyway

PS: this is the picture where I show off the many O-Rings this Sketchbook features:
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BWA-HAHAHHAHHA! Your O-rings photo made me spray tea all over my keyboard. Thank you for the laugh of the day!

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the photos, very helpful!

So the pen is actually shorter than a normal Bic 4-Color? Mine doesn't fit in a small travel tray.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Cristina you can buy mini Bic 4-colour pens ..... I'm guessing this is one of those rather than a custom size.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    @Cristina you can buy mini Bic 4-colour pens ..... I'm guessing this is one of those rather than a custom size.
    Ah thanks, I hadn't seen those over here.

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes deffinatly shorter than a normal BIC.

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same reaction as BW!

Ilkyway, thank you for the lovely picture, would you mind sharing the size of the OP's?

i assume the bag is the Little Swift.
    Last edited by Ilkyway; 04-29-2017 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Wow so sorry I meddled here

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @backpack first I owe you a big appology: I meant to hit reply with quote but on my phone everything is so small that I by exident hit Edit Post. So I first put my answer inside your post thinking... that looks weird... When I realised my mistake I deleated my answer out of your post hoping I left your post as it was. Please check. So sorry about this. I am too old to post form my phone it seems.

Ok now the answer: the Litte Swift was correct. The pouches are two Clear Organizer Wallets and two Mini Organizer Pouches (which are the same size as the wallets).

Ilkyway

PS: again so sorry!!!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    @backpack first I owe you a big appology: I meant to hit reply with quote but on my phone everything is so small that I by exident hit Edit Post. So I first put my answer inside your post thinking... that looks weird... When I realised my mistake I deleated my answer out of your post hoping I left your post as it was. Please check. So sorry about this. I am too old to post form my phone it seems.

Ok now the answer: the Litte Swift was correct. The pouches are two Clear Organizer Wallets and two Mini Organizer Pouches (which are the same size as the wallets).

Ilkyway

PS: again so sorry!!!
    Ilkyway, I am actually happy that you didn't quote me because, I was in a hurry to post, storms all night long on Friday, today and now lots of rain, so I forgot to use a capital with I.

More questions: Does the sketchbook fit in the Medium OP? Is it fountain pen friendly?

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sketchbook and Pen pictures

@backpack

This pictures shoes a Mini, Small and Medium Organizer Pouch with the Sketchbook:

The Medium is a nice fit:

The paper is very smooth but I am hesitant to call it fountainpen friendly:

There is the tieniest bid of shadowing which is neglectable.
    And only the DeAtramentos ink bleeds through (also not too bad) but if you compare the lines: fountainpens on this paper will write broader as the inc soaks a bit into the paper and that makes the writing feel a bit slower sort of. But with an unproblematic inc and a fine nip this will defiantly work.

Ilkyway

PS: writing with a ballpoint or gel pen is a delight for the smoothness of the paper.
    Last edited by Ilkyway; 04-30-2017 at 04:52 AM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the positive side for us lefties who love fountain pens, soaking in a bit means less chance of smearing!

GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bijouxandbeads View Post
    On the positive side for us lefties who love fountain pens, soaking in a bit means less chance of smearing!
    Good point! I managed to smear a bit on the non-soaking paper as you can see and I am a clumbsy righthanded person.

Ilkyway

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ilkyway, thank you so very much for your beautiful pictures and explanations!