Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I paid $17 for a CD of a fan when my son was a baby. It seemed crazy to pay money for a recording of a fan, but it has been SO worth it. He's nearly 14 now, and we still use it every night in his room as well as mine. It's SO nice for blocking road noise. I ripped it to MP3 so it's on all our phones, which means that we play it in all hotel rooms when we travel. We might be addicted. ;-)

Ha! I just looked it up via Google, and found the same CD I purchased all those years ago. PWN - Baby's Fan CD - White Noise - The Sleep Store, Australia
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

Forum Member
    Chicago, IL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've mentioned before that we have been using white noise for our 5 month old since she was about 6 weeks old. But recently in the last week she has been keeping me up all night crying/fussing. So last night I decided to turn the white noise up higher to level 2. Guess what? She slept through the night until 6am! Thank goodness for that little machine!

Random side note...our dogs' kennel uses "brown noise" to soothe the dogs there for boarding. My understanding is that brown noise is a deeper sound than white noise. Apparently they noticed a big reduction in the barking and anxiety of the dogs after introducing it.

The Earth, we share.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcumeda View Post
    We all use white sound machines at our house. It sounds like were flying on a plane when everyone is asleep due to all the noise. My wife and I use a marpac, and I love it.
    I just received my Portable Hushh last weekend and ever since, I'd been using it in different scenario to try to see its effectiveness. It has been only a few days and I couldn't say much right now. But I could say that it is definitely helping in some way, and I don't recommend to solely depends on it make your little one sleep easily.

Yes, I agreed - it is like flying on a plane. However, it is actually a lot worst flying on a plane. The Machine Sound is still acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by cmarie View Post
    You could try an audio track from Hemi-Sync. I use the "Super Sleep" one. They are designed for use with headphones/earbuds, but you could put speakers on either side of the crib.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toblerhaus View Post
    I paid $17 for a CD of a fan when my son was a baby. It seemed crazy to pay money for a recording of a fan, but it has been SO worth it. He's nearly 14 now, and we still use it every night in his room as well as mine. It's SO nice for blocking road noise. I ripped it to MP3 so it's on all our phones, which means that we play it in all hotel rooms when we travel. We might be addicted. ;-)

Ha! I just looked it up via Google, and found the same CD I purchased all those years ago. PWN - Baby's Fan CD - White Noise - The Sleep Store, Australia
    Thanks for the introduction.
    They are interesting that you mentioned about CD. I never know Sound Machine's sound comes in older variety format such as CD. That's mean this technique has been around for ages. Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by FoxValleyDame View Post
    I've mentioned before that we have been using white noise for our 5 month old since she was about 6 weeks old. But recently in the last week she has been keeping me up all night crying/fussing. So last night I decided to turn the white noise up higher to level 2. Guess what? She slept through the night until 6am! Thank goodness for that little machine!

Random side note...our dogs' kennel uses "brown noise" to soothe the dogs there for boarding. My understanding is that brown noise is a deeper sound than white noise. Apparently they noticed a big reduction in the barking and anxiety of the dogs after introducing it.
    Wow. That's great! I'm happy to hear that. My son is currently 2.5 months old. I'm really looking forward for the day that he could sleep right until 6am. It's been understandable tough for both myself and especially Wife who has to feed him almost every 2 hours a night and breast pumping too.

Thanks for the Dog tips too. I intrigued to hear about this. I never know there could be something to calm dog down, especially they are all alone at night especially puppy. I don't have any pets at home but it is good to know. Thanks again for the tips!
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2