Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been happy with my Hydroflask. It is a few years old now and has a couple of dents and chipped paint, but is going strong. I have the traditional screw-top lid, and I have tossed it into my handbag with water in it and not had any problems. However, I always wonder if there is such a thing as a truly waterproof bottle...I have had a good experience so far.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxValleyDame View Post
    I too have a 16 oz Zojirushi that I got after getting recommendations from forum members. I love it. It truly does hold its temperature better than anything else I've had, does not leak, is lightweight, and I love the locking lid so that when I throw it in my shop bag I can be certain it won't pop open on accident. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the Teflon-like coating on the inside. I wish I knew exactly what it was because I don't want random chemicals leaching into my drink. I've heard older versions didn't have it, but I'm not sure if they are still available.
    They have two models of the typical Zojirushi bottle, one with Teflon and one without. I bought the one with Teflon before I knew there were two different ones so I'm soldiering through even though I would prefer the other. They look exactly the same on the outside, the inside is finished with plain stainless steel on the non-Teflon one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X+1 for the Zojirushi if you like your beverage hot - as if it just was poured from a fresh pot or kettle. In terms of the version differences mentioned earlier - from my experience, you can tell the older one (without the non-stick coating) because the cap is the same diameter as the main body. The newer one has a cap that is slightly smaller.
    I especially like the Zojirushi because it is very narrow and easy to fit in a slim bag (I put it easily in my Ristretto).

But, I also like the Contigo Autoseal mugs because I do not have to worry about accidentally leaving the cap open as it automatically closes. If you want foolproof, the Contigo mug is as close as I have seen. I also personally do not always like my coffee super hot. With the Zojirushi, I actually need to open the cap for a while to cool my coffee enough so I can drink it!

So, IMHO, it really depends on how hot you like your beverage and how foolproof you want things.

Hope this helps
    Cheers!
    Last edited by tpnl; 06-10-2017 at 11:58 AM.
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Winnipeg, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently got the new version of the Kleen Kanteen Cafe Cap (2.0). I can't comment yet on its longevity, but it's been reliably leakproof so far.

This is a cheaper option than the Zojirushi. The Kleen Kanteen bottles are wider, but they come in more sizes. My impression is that the insulation is not quite as good as the Zoji's, but it's fine for several hours, which is certainly good enough for my purposes.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one of these... Itechzhu Sports Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle Double Wall Wide Mouth Leak Proof BPA-Free 12 OZ. It's a great little water bottle and fits in my Sidekick. I also have the Camelbak Chute .75 liter and I love it. I have yet to notice any leaks.
    Last edited by Dulcimergal; 07-17-2017 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Added comment.
    Smile! People will wonder what you're up to!

Orange County, CA, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a GSI Outdoors 17oz/0.5 L Glacier Stainless Microlite 500 vacume bottle. It has a unique lid that locks and doesn't leak and it's vacuum seal keeps hot and cold drinks at their best temperature for 24 hours. I like it because it is about 1/3 lighter than my Hydroflask (7.9 oz/224g) and is the size of a small water bottle so it fits in all my bags really well. No company affiliation, just a happy user.
    DLBC, WF, S19, Pilot, DLBP, PCSB, A30, SA plus other misc goodies.
    ďNot all those who wander are lost.Ē - Bilbo Baggins (J.R.R. Tolkien 1892-1973)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iím a big fan of the Avex FreeFlow bottle. Iíve been using it for over a year, both traveling and around the city and it has held up perfectly, never leaked (and I am not so gentle with my stuff and a bit of a bottle-dropper). It fits perfectly in my S19. Love it. https://www.amazon.com/Avex-FreeFlow...01BEX7C8E?th=1

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Team HydroFlask here! For really-truly-absolutely-no-drops-of-water leak proof, I would go with the standard screw top lid. I prefer the straw-top lid, but there might occasionally be a few CCs of water that is residual inside the straw top, so that's why I say it's not 100% leak-proof. Hydros are the best - and all the colors....

ETA: okay, just saw your original post. I still say Hydro, but would go with the standard mouth (narrower) bottle with a screw top.
    Last edited by jessmakes; 09-17-2018 at 11:21 AM.
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TC - Viridian/Dawn TT - UV/Sitka/Monarch

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

Atlanta, GA, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do the Zojirushis keep things cold as long as Hydro Flasks do? I adore my Hydro Flask (but I also need the 32 oz, I drink a ton of water.)
    Last edited by CJoshuaV; 09-17-2018 at 03:36 PM.

Winnipeg, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJoshuaV View Post
    Do they Zojirushis keep things cold as long as Hydro Flasks do?
    I donít have a Hydro Flask to do a head-to-head comparison, but if I fill up my 20-oz Zojirushi with ice and then add tap water in the morning, it will still have ice in it at the end of the day.

Forum Member
    Sweden
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's probably just a habit - but I use Hydroflask around the house, but when I want to take water / coffee etc with me I pop it into a Zojirushi bottle - mainly because I like being able to operate the lid one handed plus it has a lid lock function. I have never had either one of them leak on me (have the wide mouth screw top lid on the Hyrdroflask).

Connecticut
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I am intrigued by these Zojirushis. Do they fit in standard sized auto cup holders? That is the downside of Hydroflasks - the cupholder is pulled out with the bottle in my experience.
    --------------------------------

Forum Member
    Twin Cities, MN, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimikor View Post
    I use a GSI Outdoors 17oz/0.5 L Glacier Stainless Microlite 500 vacume bottle. It has a unique lid that locks and doesn't leak and it's vacuum seal keeps hot and cold drinks at their best temperature for 24 hours. I like it because it is about 1/3 lighter than my Hydroflask (7.9 oz/224g) and is the size of a small water bottle so it fits in all my bags really well. No company affiliation, just a happy user.
    YES!!! I got one last year before our trip to Europe and it was great! All the benefits of a Hydroflask but lighter! And those ounces make a huge difference at the end of the day. Highly recommend. I decorated mine appropriately for travel. Best leak-proof water bottle for travel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grellowgal View Post
    YES!!! I got one last year before our trip to Europe and it was great! All the benefits of a Hydroflask but lighter! And those ounces make a huge difference at the end of the day. Highly recommend. I decorated mine appropriately for travel. Best leak-proof water bottle for travel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How is it to clean? Do you have to take apart the lid?

Forum Member
    Twin Cities, MN, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    How is it to clean? Do you have to take apart the lid?
    I only put water in it, so I just open the lid and put it in the dishwasher. I think Iíve only taken apart the lid once or twice (two pieces of silicone), was fine to reassemble.

If you are in the US you can find them at REI. Use it to your heartís content and if it doesnít work, return it. REI is great with returns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2