Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbc3585 View Post
    I'm after something low profile as well that will fit into slim bags, so I've been looking at the Memobottles. https://www.memobottle.com.au/ They seem fairly compact, though expensive. Can't attest to how leak-proof they are though as I don't have one. Anyone used these?
    Iím a huge fan of these and have two of them in different sizes. They are basically slim rectangular prisms in shape and make for really efficient use of space in my bags. Super handy to carry a decent amount of water but not make my bags bulge. The A6 size fits perfectly in my Side Kick and the Slim fits perfectly in my Synapse 19/25 water bottle pocket.

Agree that they are a little expensive but since getting them I donít use any other bottle, using cylindrical bottles now seems so inefficient packing wise!

In terms of being leak proof, they have not leaked on me once in the last year of regular use, however the design is a very simple lid screwing onto a groove. So you would need to make sure you have tightly screwed the lid on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know which water bottle is in the icon video - a sort of floppy thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    austin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirri View Post
    Does anyone know which water bottle is in the icon video - a sort of floppy thing?
    i was curious about it too! i went googling and found this; i think it's the same one:
    https://hydrapak.com/shop/water-storage/seeker-2-liter

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirri View Post
    It's a hydrapak bottle. I use 2L (70oz) version for long, backcountry bike rides when I need to carry extra water because it will likely be 50+ mile or so between water stops. It's definitely not something I would travel with or bring with me daily. It's very heavy when full and the lack of structure makes it challenging to drink out of. Perhaps a smaller version with a straw might work better.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just looked over the website and they've got smaller versions that would be handy for travel if you don't mind a soft bottle. Personally I prefer a solid bottle for daily use and use a Hydroflask.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want something plastic and smaller, I've used a Nalgene 12 oz FLASK. The shape makes it easier to tuck the flask in a bag that doesn't have a dedicated bottle pocket. Available at REI or on Amazon for under $10.

The clear plastic flask is thinner than other Nalgene bottles, and it fits in a heavier blue or red plastic sleeve. Some people complain about the sleeve falling off, but that hasn't bothered me. When used with a backpack that has a water bottle pocket, the sleeve stays in the pocket, and makes it easier to put the flask back when you're done drinking.

https://www.rei.com/product/836469/n...flask-12-fl-oz
    Last edited by Buffalonian; 01-05-2020 at 07:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    How do the Zojirushis do when dropped? Do they dent? What if I dropped it outside on asphalt or on a concrete floor (both very likely to happen, unfortunately)
    It will dent. You might find a silicon wrist band that fits the body of the bottle and will help the grip. Hydroflask makes silicon boots for some of their bottles.

As far as Nalgenes, they make a 16oz/500ml mini version of the classic one liter bottles. It's about as simple as it gets for a small bottle. For urban use, it is enough while day touring and fits just about any bottle pocket.

Forum Member
    Denver, CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I need to carry a 16 oz. refillable water bottle, I take along a twenty year old Small Nalgene. It's the junior version to the liter size I've been using on the peaks and backcountry all these years and the Nalgenes are simple, old school... yet they work as designed, as about a perfect water carrier as you'll find. I've thought about 'modernizing' lately but... why... I say to myself? The newer EMBRAVA water bottles look very good! Btw, for hot liquids like coffee, for trips or in the pack for use on the summit of a 14er in the cold winter, the Zojirushi 16 oz and liter thermos bottles cannot be beat! Have them both and after many years, they still perform like a charm.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3