Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Washington DC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone watching out for particular accessories during Prime Day on Amazon? Which?

Just curious if there’s anything in particular anyone is looking out for on prime day. I have Aeronaut 30 and 45, and a few misc tumi bags. Wondering if there’s any often-recommended accessories we can grab on the cheap?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last time I got excited about the Amazon Prime Day, the bargains were actually kind of weird. Almost like it was confined to the inventory they wanted to get rid of, and it wasn't stuff I needed/wanted.

Also, I'm not crazy about Amazon these days. The way they treat the factory workers is purportedly pretty bad, and their acquisition of Whole Foods has me worried. I'm ashamed to say that I haven't cancelled my Prime membership, partly because other family members rely on it, and because it gets me a reduced rate on the Washington Post. But I'm trying to pare down what I purchase from them and do more patronage of brick-and-mortar stores. (That said, it is hard to stop entirely.)
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Washington DC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wound up getting a few of their house brand shirts - nice enough for the price.. nothing else too impressive I’ve seen so far.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was curious about Prime Day because I've seen people rave about their bargains in past years. Was keeping an eye out for Instant Pot accessories - saw that some people scored a pot for about $45, but it seemed to be a short-lived sale or a glitch. I was hoping for a deal on a Jackery though they're pretty inexpensive anyway. After all that, I scored a box of... LaraBars!! Chocolate peanut butter. LOL.

Forum Member
    Chicago, IL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best deal I've seen so far is a 20 oz Zojirushi mug at half price! I scored a new kindle and the same box of larabars as Haraya....lol.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @agland I took the liberty and moved this thread into the "not about bags" section.

Have a great day
    Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For those of you who were interested in the Zojurushi mugs (16 oz Stainless Steel -- no Teflon lining), there's an Amazon Prime Lightning Deal on right now for the Black Zojirushi SM-KHE48BA Stainless Steel Mug $17.99 (not a huge savings, 41% claimed, 2 hours 40 some minutes to go. (I'm not participating in this.)

HTH

moriond

ETA: See recent Best leak-proof water bottle for travel thread.
    Last edited by moriond; 07-11-2017 at 09:02 PM.

Forum Member
    The Carolinas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I've been disappointed every year with Prime Day. Of course, I also started moving away from amazon 2-3 years ago as I noticed their service decline, as well as pricing strategy (e.g., Amazon not creating sales, but instead only price-matching sales of competitors.)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't buy a single thing this year. I shop exclusively from my wish list though, so I didn't really see anything they were peddling.

The only sale was on a Kindle I have listed since mine is getting near its end and it wasn't a deep enough discount for me to shell out before mine actually died on me.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk