Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: Merino sweaters

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Merino sweaters

Hey, it was this forum that clued me in to the Icebreaker Bliss Wrap. I still have a few, but Icebreaker discontinued that style in favor of one that seems a lot bulkier.. (I haven't tried it.)

So I just took advantage of the sale at Royal Robbins to get a few items (that were on sale; summer shirts and the like) and also bought their version of the merino sweater (which was not on sale). It seems comfy and I like the way it looks. I don't know how it will hold up in the long term. RR offers free shipping and free returns, which makes it pretty painless.

Has anyone else tried this sweater, or do you have alternatives you like? I wear non-merino stuff in day-to-day life, but prefer the merino for traveling, because it packs so small.

Ibex also has a Cascade Cardigan that I like.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought an extra Bliss Wrap because it's such a great piece. I wear mine on a (nearly) daily basis and always take it along when I travel. The Sydney Wrap which replaced the Bliss Wrap is, imo, not nearly as nice. It's way too much fabric for me, but would be super comfy as a blanket while flying. I'm glad you found something to replace a Bliss Wrap.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have bought some beautiful wraps similar to what you are looking for from lululemon in the past but they don't have any at the moment on their website. Maybe try them in a few weeks when their fall collection starts coming in.

Forum Member
    Nashville, TN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bchaplin,

I just bought one of the Men's Cardigans from Uniqlo. Pretty reasonably priced but I have not had a chance to travel test it yet. I am generally very pleased with their clothing...

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/women/s...ra-fine-merino

Forum Member
    Nashville, TN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bchaplin,

I just bought one of the Men's Cardigans from Uniqlo. Pretty reasonably priced but I have not had a chance to travel test it yet. I am generally very pleased with their clothing...

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/women/s...ra-fine-merino

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    If you're still looking for marino wraps, lululemon FINALLY released their new one.
    It can be found here.
    https://shop.lululemon.com/p/women-s...12?color=12751
    I've had 2 of their marino wraps in the past and been happy with them.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I will check them out. So sad to hear about Ibex closing. I did get a Royal Robbins merino wrap. It looks stylish, but after just a few months it is starting to pill. I have much older Ibex stuff that still looks like new.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke