Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone received this UPS shipping message...?

Recently ordered a Cloud/Island Synapse 25, which shipped yesterday. Today I noticed that the shipping status states: "Due to operating conditions, your package may be delayed. / Delivery will be rescheduled." I've never had this happen before. Does it just mean that UPS can't keep up with demand and their shipments? Just wondering if this has happened before to anyone else? Thanks.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    could be a whole bunch of things. Bad weather somewhere along the way, flight cancellation, touch breakdown....

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have gotten these several times and half of them mean literally nothing in the end.

I had a strange one in Maine a few months ago that said this and I spent hours on the phone trying to find any details I could and was finally told that my next day package was delivered to the wrong place on a Friday late afternoon on a Holiday weekend and that I would not get it until Tuesday at the earliest.
    They assured me that I would be kept informed every step of the way.
    I just had to accept this.

When I got back to the house that night the package was just sitting there on the porch and I never heard a single other thing about it from UPS?

I think they must be training with the USPS these days.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by damonsharp View Post
    Recently ordered a Cloud/Island Synapse 25, which shipped yesterday. Today I noticed that the shipping status states: "Due to operating conditions, your package may be delayed. / Delivery will be rescheduled." I've never had this happen before. Does it just mean that UPS can't keep up with demand and their shipments? Just wondering if this has happened before to anyone else? Thanks.
    I get this a lot. I think that due to weather, or items being put on the wrong plane or truck, that items take the long way home.

Forum Member
    Atlanta, GA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, received it due to weather. I'm not sure where you are located, but a major hurricane is headed for Texas, so maybe they are anticipating a ripple effect through out the entire supply chain.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (Side note: oooh Cloud/Island!! I love that combination!! Also like the looks of the Cloud/UV - which is the reverse of my S19 (Steel D!/UV). I hope they eventually offer those combos in the Luminary. But not till my Paypal tree has grown a few more leaves!!)

Hope your S19 arrives quickly, with no detours!!

Quote Originally Posted by damonsharp View Post

The Earth, we share.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    (Side note: oooh Cloud/Island!! I love that combination!! Also like the looks of the Cloud/UV - which is the reverse of my S19 (Steel D!/UV). I hope they eventually offer those combos in the Luminary. But not till my Paypal tree has grown a few more leaves!!)

Hope your S19 arrives quickly, with no detours!!
    I also take note of the Cloud/Island but I am worry about its being too bright. Hence, I'm hoping for Grey Cordura/Island S19.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got one for the eclipse. :-)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    I also take note of the Cloud/Island but I am worry about its being too bright. Hence, I'm hoping for Grey Cordura/Island S19.
    In real world it's quite a bit darker than what's shown on the product page for the s25 in cloud/island. The images in this post give cloud a little more color justice imo (although these are taken of the luminary): https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...tml#post147269