Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Irma, hope everybody is or will be ok

Kind of mimiking backpacks thread here. A YouTuber I follow lives in Florida and that kind of made me much more aware about what is happening/going to happen as I maybe normaly would many thousend kilometers away.

Be save, stay save and all the best from me!!

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!!! I'm in central Florida. I feel like Pippin in The Lord of the Rings, when he's on the balcony with Gandalf looking at the storm brewing over Mordor. "I don't want to be in a battle. But waiting on the edge of one I can't escape is even worse. "

I'm where everyone evacuates TO, so there was no point in me going anywhere.

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My sister is in south Florida. Hurricane shutters are up, they have lots of food/water, and a backup generator ready for use. Fortunately, they are not in a flood zone, but they suspect they will lose power with the high winds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My nephew is in Miami, as prepped as he can be, but I really wish he was somewhere else.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping that Bihnions in Florida are looking after themselves and their families and staying safe. I've been sporadically looking at the Key West webcam this morning, and I'm just aghast at the number of people placing themselves in the path of danger.
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red and Nebulous Grey, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, Viridian and Grass, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mother lives on the Gulf Coast in one of the now mandatory evacuation areas, and she evacuated to central Florida yesterday; luckily she had filled her gas tank previously. While she is fearing a total loss of property, I am extremely relieved she was able to leave the most immediate danger zone, so she is safe. Keeping all of the folks in Florida in my thoughts!
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Forum Member
    Florida, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, everyone, for your good wishes!

Am in Southeast Florida, and it is eerily quiet right now.

Everything is closed and shuttered, curfews are in force, and the winds are starting to pick up (even though the storm is still 110 miles from the Keys).

It has been an exhausting couple of days of preparation.

While I feel a sense of relief that the forecast track no longer passes directly through my hometown, I also know that anything can happen in the next 24 hours... and I feel for the folks on the west coast of the state who, until very recently, thought they would escape a direct hit but may instead get hit hard.

Before I lose power, just wanted to send a shoutout to my fellow Floridians: be safe and be good to one another.

And thanks again, forum friends, for your thoughts and prayers.
    Last edited by bb93fo57; 09-10-2017 at 05:00 AM.

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brother and sister-in-law live in Orlando. This isn't their first Hurricane by a long shot. They say they're as prepared as they can be, but they're sick of hearing nothing but news (doom and gloom...panic!!!) about Irma.

Forum Member
    Florida, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly S View Post
    sick of hearing nothing but news (doom and gloom...panic!!!) about Irma.
    The journalists I know are working around the clock to provide valuable factual information that can save lives and protect property.

That is a far cry from trading in 'doom and gloom' to provoke panic... it is a community service.

They would undoubtedly rather be with their families and protecting their own homes, but instead are working hard (in unenviable conditions) on behalf of everyone.

I for one feel a lot of respect and gratitude for what they are doing.
    Last edited by bb93fo57; 09-10-2017 at 10:15 AM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another southeast floridian here. My neighborhood was placed under mandatory evacuation last Thursday.

I drove and am now with friends further up, a bit more inland. Curfew has been in effect since yesterday. Have not stepped out since arriving Friday noon.

Power and water still running where I am. Power has been flickering this morning. Many lost power since yesterday.

We hold the people of the west coast in thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bb93fo57 View Post
    The journalists I know are working around the clock to provide valuable factual information that can save lives and protect property.

That is a far cry from trading in 'doom and gloom' to provoke panic... it is a community service.

They would undoubtedly rather be with their families and protecting their own homes, but instead are working hard (in unenviable conditions) on behalf of everyone.

They deserve our respect and gratitude.
    Whatever dude. I'm gonna go ahead and put you on ignore now.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think with a huge (did I read this is the biggest one that has hit Florida so far?) storm like this and many different ways people do cope with crycis, people are bount to get touchy.

I hope it is safe to say that everybody hopes the least amount of chaos and distruction to happen that is possible under the circumstances.
    Can we keep in mind here the level off stress and anxiety people are in? Please keep a respectfull tone all around.

Thanks and everybody stay safe!
    Ilkyway
    Last edited by Ilkyway; 09-10-2017 at 08:40 AM.
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 p.m. Orlando is just now getting the outer bands. It's going to be a rough, sleepless night.

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prayers for everyone in Irma's path, thinking of you all

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I hope that everyone in the path of the storm has taken steps to stay safe.

We have some friends in the Miami area, and they are hanging in there. They had evacuated per the initial instructions, but returned to their home as the storm turned west.

Sending you all lots of love and positivity! Hang in there -- this too, shall pass! Smilie
    -m

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast