Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Bettendorf, IA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why doesn't anyone adjust shoulder straps?

I don't know where else to post this thought, but it's a minor pet peeve that I've seen for years now. I bet most people at TB notice this. Have you noticed how many people do not ever adjust their backpack (or even laptop bag) shoulder straps?

Even at my workplace, a Fortune 100, I see grown adults every day with backpacks where the straps are SOOOO long. The bag sits on people's rear ends. It's like people have never adjusted their straps, ever.

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the style don't ya know?
    Either they're trying to be fashionable, or perhaps they're just not carrying enough weight in their bag for it to matter.

I notice it. But I also notice people that are wearing too baggy trousers, their hats backwards, or sunglasses on their foreheads.

I'm old and grouchy.
    Pull up your pants!! Tighten those backpack straps!! Get off my lawn!!!

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, totally a fashion thing, definitely not based on the comfort of the carrying. Plus, I mean, students and working adults who commute aren't necessarily walking that far, vs the original purpose of a backpack, for hiking long distances. Put those people in the middle of the woods with a filled pack and I guarantee you they would CINCH DOWN!

I can understand them being a little loose, as even I do that, since I am not walking very far but I do need to take my pack off several times a day. But practically dragging the thing on the ground loose straps? Totally fashion!
    Last edited by anna2222; 09-22-2017 at 04:10 PM.

Forum Member
    The Carolinas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would posit that many people simply don't know to behave differently; they don't put much thought into an issue like this until it actually negatively affects their lives (or someone shows them a different method.) Most people just follow the crowd and assume that it's the proper way to act.
    Last edited by ThomGault; 09-22-2017 at 01:04 PM.