Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multi pen recommendations

So the pen wrap/pouches thread totally has me thinking about multi pens now. Can some of you with experience chime in on different brands? I'm kind of looking for mechanical pencil option, though not a must. But one with refills that are relatively easy to find would be rather important.

Winnipeg, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multi pen recommendations

Iíve been using the Pilot Coleto system for a while. Pros:

- nice gel ink that dries very quickly
    - comes in a lot of colours and a couple of thicknesses
    - pick your own colours (and replace just that colour when it runs out)
    - easily available on Jet Pens and elsewhere
    - not very expensive
    - has a mechanical pencil option, though I havenít tried it

I canít actually think of any cons, but if youíre looking for ballpoint, I love Uni Jetstream ink.

Forum Member
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terayon View Post
    I’ve been using the Pilot Coleto system for a while. Pros:

- nice gel ink that dries very quickly
    - comes in a lot of colours and a couple of thicknesses
    - pick your own colours (and replace just that colour when it runs out)
    - easily available on Jet Pens and elsewhere
    - not very expensive
    - has a mechanical pencil option, though I haven’t tried it

I can’t actually think of any cons, but if you’re looking for ballpoint, I love Uni Jetstream ink.
    Also have a Coleto - like the ability to choose the colors and tip sizes of the refills, but haven't been using multi pens too much recently (using fountain pens and regular gel pens more these days). Only con for the Coleto would be that the gel refills don't last that long, but you can stock up at Jetpens, which also has a number of other brands of multi pens.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Terayon and Jeff9266, I like both the Coletto and the Uni jetstream. I guess now I need to figure out is I prefer ball point or gel ink. Thanks for giving me points I should consider.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny I just got one from JetPens that arrived yesterday. The only other multipens I've used have felt kind of cheap. This one seems a bit more "tank like" So, far with just a few minutes of writing I like it a lot. I bought the all matte black version that seems to be sold out for the moment.

Also, this is a 4 colors and a mechanical pencil

https://www.jetpens.com/Sakura-Balls...Black/pd/18687

Multi pen recommendations-128039-jpg
    Last edited by tebnewyork; 11-16-2017 at 02:10 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tebnewyork View Post
    Funny I just got one from JetPens that arrived yesterday. The only other multipens I've used have felt kind of cheap. This one seems a bit more "tank like" So, far with just a few minutes of writing I like it a lot. I bought the all matte black version that seems to be sold out for the moment.

Also, this is a 4 colors and a mechanical pencil

https://www.jetpens.com/Sakura-Balls...Black/pd/18687

Multi pen recommendations-128039-jpg
    Ooooo! I saw that one during my research. I LOVE to hear your thoughts on it after having used it for a bit. I love the all matte black one. What is the eraser cover like? I read that some people said that it pops off easily.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJMEBLOM View Post
    Ooooo! I saw that one during my research. I LOVE to hear your thoughts on it after having used it for a bit. I love the all matte black one. What is the eraser cover like? I read that some people said that it pops off easily.
    I came here to recommend this pen, as well! I'm a student nurse (for 21 more days, but who's really counting?) and I love this pen! the finer gel tip than the traditional 4-color bic pen gives me more room for notes on my patient report sheet. The only problem I have is when writing on the semi-glossy thermal paper that our labels print on, but that's why I carry a sharpie.

Hope that helps!
    DLBC (black Dyneema) **Missing **, Synapse 25 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), Synapse 19 (Navy/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), PCBP for TriStar (Iberian), Synapse 19 (Navy/Solar), Ristretto for iPad (Black/Wasabi), Large Shop Bag (Island),mini Q-kit, various packing cubes, stuff sacks, and pouches.

Retired but not forgotten: TriStar (Black/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Solar), Synapse 25 (French Blue/Steel).