Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: Vienna

Silicon Valley
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vienna

Quote Originally Posted by Artdime View Post
    Two suits in one folder, eh? Very cool. I'll get there. Stick Out Tongue Very glad to hear that the WF can take it.

How is your trip going? Thanks for sharing photos, especially the one of the Christmas market - made me a little homesick.
    Trip is great! Are you from Austria?

I have to say that historically Paris was our favorite city, but we went back 3 years ago having been away for awhile and it just didn't feel like itself. I suppose things change, but it just wasn't the Paris either of us remembered (I was there as a kid in the 80s and then we've been many many times in the 90s and 00s). Here in Vienna, it's much more like the old Paris we remember, it's probably our new favorite city!

A few more pics

Christmas Market

Around Town

1970s Breitlings!

Interesting graffiti

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
    Trip is great! Are you from Austria?

I have to say that historically Paris was our favorite city, but we went back 3 years ago having been away for awhile and it just didn't feel like itself. I suppose things change, but it just wasn't the Paris either of us remembered (I was there as a kid in the 80s and then we've been many many times in the 90s and 00s). Here in Vienna, it's much more like the old Paris we remember, it's probably our new favorite city!
    Very nice photos, thanks!

I am from Germany, so Christmas markets were just part of late fall and winter. Growing up in Berlin meant a pretty good variety of Christmas markets, each with their own "personality". I would have never thought that I would miss them, but sometimes I do.

Vienna looks nice, it's been many years since I visited but I really enjoyed walking around the city. It still looks exactly how I remember it - maybe it's time to plan a visit! Smilie
    Today is a good day for a good day!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vienna is - without a doubt - my absolute favorite city . I try to spend at least two months a year here.
    When in trouble, obfuscate.

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a Jew I never would have assumed, but Christmastime in Austria was one of the best vacations I ever had. Never before occurred to me to actually eat chestnuts roasted on an open fire...

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imperator View Post
    Never before occurred to me to actually eat chestnuts roasted on an open fire...
    But did you sing!? Wink

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never before occurred to me to actually eat chestnuts roasted on an open fire...
    So what do they taste like?

Every time I've tried to cook with chestnuts, they just turned into mush. I suppose it would sound tastier if I said puree' but that wasn't what I was expecting, so mush it is. Also, they didn't have much in the way of flavor, but maybe mine weren't fresh.

Silicon Valley
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a Jew I never would have assumed, but Christmastime in Austria was one of the best vacations I ever had. Never before occurred to me to actually eat chestnuts roasted on an open fire...
    You probably know if you've been there, the picture of Lessing above is in Judenplatz - right behind me as I take that photo is the Jewish Memorial

This picture is from a rainy day and I thought it captured the mood well - it's a somber square

Lots of lighter fare too, of course ... a 20 min walk away is Mozart's house