1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Thread: CS Shout out

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CS Shout out

Just a shout out to @Mike in CS today! I made an error with a recent ordered and he made it all better. I always appreciate how attentive TB is to its customers. Thanks, Mike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are the best - without question!
    S19/Island, S19/Steel; S25/Island, S25/Solar; GES25/Coyote; BB/Canyon; SA/U.V., SA/Wasabi, SA/Steel, SA/Steel; A30/Zest; A45/Island, A45/Steel; MCB/Canyon, MCB/Dawn, MCB/Canyon; LCB Steel/Navy

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TB customer service is awful....

They are way too helpful, they know what they are talking about and are extremely friendly.

They make you hope that there is a problem with your order for an excuse to call them.

Accordingly, they are awful....ly efficient.
    When in trouble, obfuscate.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 to Mike as well. Had a problem and didn't think it was worth the cost to TB or myself to resolve it, so I didn't want to get if resolved, but Mike/TB insisted on making it right, and they did, absorbing all the costs along the way too. My wife was totally blown away with the customer service, especially since we're from Malaysia, where after sales service is non-existant.

We've dealt with customer service from LV, Chanel, and all sorts of silly brands before, and none of them come close to this level of service. Thanks again so much guys.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 to Mike and Kat who have helped resolve a few things recently, for which I am truly grateful. The whole TB team is amazing and their CS (compared to some other companies that I should probably not mention) is magnificent. Prompt, efficient, friendly response which means a lot, especially as I am in the UK. A BIG thank you to them all!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And to Cody for helping me this week and for making me laugh with MacGuyver references!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A huge thank you to Matthew for his great patience yesterday demo'ing the Synapse 19 internal frame during the rare Saturday factory opening. Also a big thanks to the crew for providing coffee and the best cookies I have tried in a long time - Darcy's tigernut cookies (?), I believe. Here is the link to the recipe which was posted last year: https://blog.tombihn.com/coffee-and-...ctory-showroom

Sorry no photos, but I saw a black GE Synapse 25, and that is a handsome, handsome bag!
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

TB Crew (we work here) MatthewR's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Youse guys are the best! Thanks for the kind words -- y'all make this more than just a job and I appreciate the curiosity, insight, kindness, and inventiveness that absolutely gushes from these forums so thank you in return.

I'm going to go ahead and add some shout-outs too for my fellow CS peeps:

Cody is always a treat to talk to. I thought I was a referencer extraordinaire but he just blows me out of the water and I know are some that I completely miss -- he has a way of casually weaving them into a conversation as Easter eggs to the informed that make even the most mundane conversations fun.

Kat is probably better at communicating effectively right now than I will ever be. Her ability to roll with the punches and act quickly is also simply world class, not to mention her art skills are responsible for a majority of the great box art that walks out of our doors.

Mike has so much experience in this industry that his input on any given situation is invaluable. He's also able to put up with my constant and unrelenting snark, which says a lot about his patience.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resurrecting to add my thanks especially to Matthew and Cody for answering a billion questions from me in recent weeks, and to Mike for tracking down an old part for me!

I'd also like to thank whoever decided to add a bag's materials to the receipt emails. My future self will really appreciate knowing exactly what that bag I bought X years ago was made of. (Actual recent mental conversation: "Is this cordura or ballistic?" "Dunno. What does the receipt say?" "Olive." *goes searching forum for historical knowledge*)
    Last edited by kmw; 01-09-2018 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Edited for grammar. Twice.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wanted to pass along thanks to Cody (and others) for returning a tablet pen I left in a cache I returned. Not only did they send it back, but they did at no charge. Greatly appreciate it!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chungliwen View Post
    +1 to Mike as well. Had a problem and didn't think it was worth the cost to TB or myself to resolve it, so I didn't want to get if resolved, but Mike/TB insisted on making it right, and they did, absorbing all the costs along the way too. My wife was totally blown away with the customer service, especially since we're from Malaysia, where after sales service is non-existant.

We've dealt with customer service from LV, Chanel, and all sorts of silly brands before, and none of them come close to this level of service. Thanks again so much guys.
    Hi chungliwen, I’m a fellow Malaysian, looking to buy my first TB bag. I have my heart set on the GE Synapse 25 but I’m hesitant because of the size. I have done tonnes of research - spent weeks reading posts in this forum, looked at every review online and watched so many YouTube videos, my eyes are crossed hahah! But it’s still difficult to know if the bag suits my built or not, unless I get to see n try on the real thing in person. Is it possible for me to meet you in Subang to try on your S25? As you know, the bag is pricey, not to mention international shipping, especially after conversion from USD to MYR. And of course, it won’t be possible to return the bag if it doesn’t fit me. I’ve been saving hard for this. Can’t afford to make a mistake purchase, as I’m sure you’d understand. Do let me know how to contact you off this forum if you’re OK for the quick meetup. I’m familiar w/ Subang so we can meet anywhere according to your convenience of course. Thanks so much! Looking forward to hear from you soon.
    Last edited by Dom; 09-12-2018 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Typo error

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    Hi chungliwen, Iím a fellow Malaysian, looking to buy my first TB bag. I have my heart set on the GE Synapse 25 but Iím hesitant because of the size. I have done tonnes of research - spent weeks reading posts in this forum, looked at every review online and watched so many YouTube videos, my eyes are crossed hahah! But itís still difficult to know if the bag suits my built or not, unless I get to see n try on the real thing in person. Is it possible for me to meet you in Subang to try on your S25? As you know, the bag is pricey, not to mention international shipping, especially after conversion from USD to MYR. And of course, it wonít be possible to return the bag if it doesnít fit me. Iíve been saving hard for this. Canít afford to make a mistake purchase, as Iím sure youíd understand. Do let me know how to contact you off this forum if youíre OK for the quick meetup. Iím familiar w/ Subang so we can meet anywhere according to your convenience of course. Thanks so much! Looking forward to hear from you soon.
    Hi Dom,

Absolutely! I know how you feel. When I was researching this bag, I was looking for someone to try the bag too.

Just PM me your phone number and weíll sync up. Subang or Taman Desa is good for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wanted to say thanks to Matthew for taking care of a couple things with a previous order and getting out my latest pack. I’m fairly new to Tom Bihn, but blown away by both the customer service and quality of their stuff. Thanks and keep up the awesome work!