Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only accepting customers with flights within the next two hours

Iím flying through Orlando and was greeted by this sign. Iíve never seen a domestic terminal with a security time window. Is this a new thing? An Orlando thing? Iím curious.

Forum Member
    Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never seen that, but they are probably concerned about overcrowding in the security line or at the terminals.

Keep in mind that a lot of people traveling from Orlando are using Disney's transport services from Disney World. Those buses are scheduled to get you to the airport 3-4 hours before your flight.

Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by proximal View Post
    Keep in mind that a lot of people traveling from Orlando are using Disney's transport services from Disney World. Those buses are scheduled to get you to the airport 3-4 hours before your flight.
    Thatís a darn good point although Iíve heard such crazy MCO security stories (2 hour+ security lines and TSA pre lines close at the drop of a hat) I dropped my rental car early just in case. Made it through security in under 20 mins using TSA pre with no problems. Interestingly this sign was not on the TSA pre side.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I live in Orlando. I've never seen that sign before at MCO. I'll be there in a couple of weeks. I'll check it out.

Arizona
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other airports that do this, help prevent the security lines from being over crowded. It works.
    Western Flyer (Org Halcyon/Wasabi), Synapse 25 (Org Halcyon/Wasabi), Large Cafe Bag (Org Halcyon/Wasabi), Parental Bag (used as a carryon), and Shop Bags (Org Halcyon, Iberian, Wasabi)

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It probably also keeps the gates from getting overcrowded.

Plus, it forces you to shop in the airport mall.

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just flew out of MCO on Tuesday but didn't see the sign.

This wold really suck for anyone who shows up early with plans to hang out at their airline lounge, most of which are within secured areas. I'd e particularly miffed if I'd actually bought a lounge pass specifically for that reason.

NJ
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At Orlando, this isn't such a huge deal (except for those of us wanting to get to a club) because the majority of the eating/shopping is pre-security. If they tried this at my home airport (Newark) there would be a riot! With the exception of a random Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks, everything is post-security.
    Eat well, travel often.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting for a wheelchair user who is obliged to check in at least two hours before my flight.

Forum Member
    Washington, DC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I flew out of Orlando back in early November and saw that sign.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if they turn you away if you're early.

This is a very bad idea from a security perspective IF Disney dumps you off hours early. The last thing I'd want to do is hang out at an airport pre-security for a few hours.

This doesn't affect lines at the checkpoint - just the opposite as it creates chokepoints at various times of day.
    When in trouble, obfuscate.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I saw the picture, I assumed it was just one security line reserved for passengers with flights coming up soon. Is that not the case, is it all security lines?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Crip View Post
    Interesting for a wheelchair user who is obliged to check in at least two hours before my flight.
    I'm sure they would make an exception. Particularly after you explained that.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ceb View Post
    I wonder if they turn you away if you're early.

This is a very bad idea from a security perspective IF Disney dumps you off hours early. The last thing I'd want to do is hang out at an airport pre-security for a few hours.

This doesn't affect lines at the checkpoint - just the opposite as it creates chokepoints at various times of day.
    Last December, I did 32 hours land side with just two big name coffee shops to spend the vouchers the airline kept trying to placate me with. #DieHardInAWheelchair