Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Forum Member
    New England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    McVittie's Penguins. The markup is probably for the best or I'd buy them all the time.

Arizona
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since folks are talking about brick and mortar locations. I think of all the fast food places around, when traveling out of the country or even just being out in the Southwest, I really miss White Castles! Grew up on them.
    Western Flyer (Org Halcyon/Wasabi), Synapse 25 (Org Halcyon/Wasabi), Large Cafe Bag (Org Halcyon/Wasabi), Parental Bag (used as a carryon), and Shop Bags (Org Halcyon, Iberian, Wasabi)

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twosandalz View Post
    McVittie's Penguins. The markup is probably for the best or I'd buy them all the time.
    Yum, Penguins! Ate a lot of Penguins when I was pregnant with my first (or the Aldi knock off which is just as good).

My dad sometimes gets discounted McVities stuff like HobNobs at Ocean State Job Lot, if you're in the northeast. Last time he was there though, a couple in front of him were buying the entire remaining stock!

Forum Member
    New England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm safe! The closest Aldis is over an hour away. I've never seen Penguins at OSJL, but I have seen other McVities stuff. They're holding out on the good stuff.

Forum Member
    Virginia, Paris, Berlin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the US I miss sweetened condensed milk in tubes, and Cote d'Or chocolates. OK, the trains and yoghurt. And I have to really hunt for good bread. And why can't we buy Kindle books in foreign languages? (ok, a few are now available, but why can't we buy Kindle books from Amazon.anywhere.but.com?)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a great thread. To the ponytail holder poster, I feel your pain. My latest choice has been the folded-over stretchy elastic kind that you can get by the handful on Etsy. They stretch out after a couple of days of constant wear, but they are soft and comfortable.

To the Wegman's fan - I get it. I used to call our grocery trips there in New Jersey "Wegmania."

Re: McVitie's, do you have Cost Plus World Market in your area? I get digestive biscuits there but I don't know the Penguins.

Things I want but can't have:
    -Maple sugar candy. It's only available in SF Bay Area stores in November/December, and sells out very quickly. I've considered ordering some from Vermont but never have.
    -Italian juices and sodas and Japanese juice boxes. I haven't found anything locally that compares. The Italian products were lemon Freedea soda (fantastic) and albicocca (apricot) juice. Just delicious. The Japanese grape juice boxes kept me going during my train travel there. Pure fruit!
    -Schweppes Bitter Lemon soda (this was a whole separate thread at one point on the forums)
    -Cat's tongues chocolates. I had them once or twice as a kid on a trip to Europe. Milk chocolate in a stretched out barbell shape like a cat's tongue. Fun to eat!
    -My trade paperback copy of Confessions of a Shopaholic, circa 2006. I gave mine away on Freecycle and recently purchased a newer copy, but I sure do miss my original copy.
    Last edited by GoStanford; 02-02-2018 at 10:17 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    To the Wegman's fan - I get it. I used to call our grocery trips there in New Jersey "Wegmania."

-Maple sugar candy. It's only available in SF Bay Area stores in November/December, and sells out very quickly. I've considered ordering some from Vermont but never have.
    I went to college in Rochester NY and ended up living there for about a decade - home of Wegman's! Spoiled me on other grocery stores for a long time.

I'm from New England originally and live in the Bay Area now... if you remember (!) closer to Xmas and still live out here, message me and I'll pick up some maple sugar candies for you when I go homehome to MA for the holidays.

Cheers
    Last edited by G42; 02-03-2018 at 06:52 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I'm from New England originally and live in the Bay Area now... if you remember (!) closer to Xmas and still live out here, message me and I'll pick up some maple sugar candies for you when I go homehome to MA for the holidays.

Cheers
    This gave me the warm fuzzies. Thank you for such a nice offer!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today I found something I didn't know I wanted, but that I can relatively easily have. Cost Plus World Market stocks Original New York Seltzer, those little glass bottles with fruit-flavored fizzy sugar water from the 1980s. The website has the back story on the return of the product to production. Tastes delicious! It was a real treat to have it when I was a kid.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today I found something I didn't know I wanted, but that I can relatively easily have. Cost Plus World Market stocks Original New York Seltzer, those little glass bottles with fruit-flavored fizzy sugar water from the 1980s. The website has the back story on the return of the product to production. Tastes delicious! It was a real treat to have it when I was a kid.
    I went to college in NY State and we LOVED that seltzer there, especially Lemon-Lime!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcamp View Post
    In the US I miss sweetened condensed milk in tubes, and Cote d'Or chocolates. OK, the trains and yoghurt. And I have to really hunt for good bread. And why can't we buy Kindle books in foreign languages? (ok, a few are now available, but why can't we buy Kindle books from Amazon.anywhere.but.com?)
    I had a true madeleine moment, I tasted the condensed milk in tube and the Cote d'Or chocolates from my mind to my taste buds.

I know, it is not the same but, I try local bakeries, run by people who have been trained in French pastries techniques, when I have a very big craving for bread, real croissant, chocolate croissant, etc...

I bought a Kobo e-reader, some years ago, and I believe I can get books in any language, I want.

Now, Kobo has an app for both Apple and Android, so no need to carry more than a tablet, fablet or just a phone to get something to read that is more enlightening that airport tabloids or mass market non fiction "best sellers."

There is also an app and a website called Gutenberg which has free classics, in public domain books and in many, many languages.

To keep a clear voice in any language, Ricola with honey and real sugar, the original formula is available in the U.S.
    It was a relief, when I found out that package after reading the "sugar free" on most other cough drop, even other Ricola packages.

Toblerone can be found at Trader Joes and Costco.

With the exception of books, I try to "forget" where to get all the "flavors of France" goodies.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember these! I was trying to think of the name but I couldn't get it. My favorite flavor was vanilla, my sister always got raspberry. Makes me wonder if I could recreate it with some Monin syrup...

Forum Member
    Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by proximal View Post
    My friend visited from Finland and brought me a box of "Finnish Tea". It's a strong black tea with blueberry flavor. I thought I would be able to find it on Amazon, but no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Killeri View Post
    Do you want a box or few? I think it is safe to send via post.
    Follow up: it turns out I can have this as long as a fellow forum member is nice enough to send some from the other side of Earth.

I now have about two 3DOCs worth of delicious tea. Thanks Killeri!

Atlanta, GA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I went to college in Rochester NY and ended up living there for about a decade - home of Wegman's! Spoiled me on other grocery stores for a long time...Cheers
    I was born in Rochester! Wegmans is still the standard (for me )by which all other grocers are measured. That store brand ice cream. And yes, the maple candy and syrup are incredible. When I moved to Atlanta I was shocked at what passed for maple syrup.

I also miss the fresh McIntosh apples... although the GA peaches can be pretty amazing!
    current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color 好的朋友

England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest one? Tom Bihn products. The $30 int. shipping rate along with the ludicrous taxes HMRC impose really has to make me think twice before purchasing

I get the shipping rates - like they're understandable, I mean Mystery Ranch said shipping to England would be $99! :O

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast