Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Minneapolis, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Merino leggings and baselayers for plus-size women?

Hi friends! Iíve been a committed carry-on-only traveler for many years (I honed in on my strategy after a long series of travel ďadventuresĒ that proved you simply do not check luggage on your way to your destination...) but have only recently become inculcated to the practice of wearing wool across seasons and garment styles.

Anywho, Iím on the hunt for wool leggings. Preferably something that can be seen (leggings under a dress or tunic), has good stretch and recovery and a wide waistband. Iíve been combing and combing but turning up very little for wool leggings that go beyond size XL. I would need a 1x or 2x. I make most of my clothing and I am very open to sewing up some leggings but similarly havenít been able to find a good source for merino with appropriate weight, opacity and stretch.

Share your knowledge oh internet of enthusiasts!

Atlanta, GA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahJaneMakes View Post
    Hi friends! ... I make most of my clothing and I am very open to sewing up some leggings but similarly haven’t been able to find a good source for merino with appropriate weight, opacity and stretch.

Share your knowledge oh internet of enthusiasts!
    I have gotten merino from

https://www.naturesfabrics.com/wool-...rsey-wool.html

And the quality was good, if you contact them I’m sure they can tell you what they have in stock that would work!
    current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color 好的朋友

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have bought my merino wool items from three places, REI from a combination of their store and website, sierratrading.com and backcountry.com

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Virginia, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

Forum Member
    Minneapolis, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Grandcache, thank you for the tip! I have been looking there and they seem like an EXCELLENT lead.

Forum Member
    North Queensland, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been happy with the merino fabric that I've purchased from The Fabric Store online, which also has brick-and-mortar shops in New Zealand and Australia, plus one in Los Angeles.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been very happy with the leggings, and other items, that I've ordered from Ureshii. They're a very small, two woman, Canadian business. I have leggings, tops, and cardigans in merino from them, and a dress in a bamboo/merino blend.

Their items are made-to-measure, made to your specific measurements, and they sew for people from very tiny and petite to larger sizes.
    They have a limited selection of merino, black and dusk, right now. There are a few more color choices in the bamboo/merino blend.

My favorite top layer on an airplane is a hooded, open front, cardigan from them, in merino during the spring, fall, and winter, and in linen jersey during the summer.