1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iPhone 7 Plus and case

Ive finally decided my iphone 5S is dying a slow death - it now doesnít like being turned off. If I do, then the battery drains but is ok if i turn it back on again/off.
    Im going for the 7 Plus, so looking for any recommendations for a case please.
    I tend to go for plain slim line looking types, protection is the main deal and also I would be thinking of putting in in my SE EDC. I tend to put in the main compartment, but could either go in the outside pocket, or thinking of go for a travel cubelet? (Think thatís right, Im working nights, so brain is fuzzy).
    Also, would be using this phone when on holiday/traveling for accommodation/booking flights etc.
    Thanks for any help.
    Jaffa
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out Cliphanger, thatís what Iím using for my iPhone 7 Plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dream."

LCB: Navy/Cayenne; SSB: UV & Black Halcyon; LSB: Island; BB: Black; SC: Navy; Swift: Black/Steel; LS: Aubergine/Island; SE: Original Halcyon/Wasabi & Nordic Halcyon/UV; COW: Aubergine; TSS: Steel, Iberian & UV; YSS: Island & Iberian; Pilot: Black/Wasabi; FJN: Grey & Navy; PCSB: Black Halcyon; TT: Monarch, Sitka, UV & Black.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I LOVE my Spigen case.
    kindness is contagious.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked my Spigen as well. I started using the Moment case when I got their wide-angle lens. I like that it mounts a lens solidly like a real camera, and has a slot to take a wrist lanyard. Great for travel, though it is thicker than the Spigen offerings.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
    Ive finally decided my iphone 5S is dying a slow death - it now doesnít like being turned off. If I do, then the battery drains but is ok if i turn it back on again/off.
    Im going for the 7 Plus, so looking for any recommendations for a case please.
    I tend to go for plain slim line looking types, protection is the main deal and also I would be thinking of putting in in my SE EDC. I tend to put in the main compartment, but could either go in the outside pocket, or thinking of go for a travel cubelet? (Think thatís right, Im working nights, so brain is fuzzy).
    Also, would be using this phone when on holiday/traveling for accommodation/booking flights etc.
    Thanks for any help.
    Jaffa
    Hi,

first post here....I use the very thin 7+ case made by Apple and sold at their stores. I too wanted a thin, low-profile case. I have a couple of the Apple mini charging stands and it is impossible to use the stand with almost every other case because the cut-out around the lightning jack on most cases is not wide enough for the phone to slide down on to the male lightning plug on the stand. The Apple case is almost entirely open at the bottom, so the mic/speakers are unobscured, as is the lightning jack.

Until recently I had a quad lock female adapter glued to the case back. I had a QL male on my vehicle dashboard. I replaced that recently with an Anker mini "ball" mount. So, off came the QL from my phone case, and on when a thin metallic disk, which is magnetically connected to the ball mount. Works very nice and is 360 degrees adjustable.

My phone is very sleek and very nearly the same size as a naked iPhone 7+. At work, I carry it in a horizontal belt holster.

HTH

Earl

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Earl,

Thanks for the extra info, very interesting..
    I've got my IPhone 7 +, and still getting used to the size of it, but I am liking it..
    Jaffa
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Pelican protector case and love it. It also has a lifetime warranty. I am on my 3rd case.

Protector iPhone 7 Plus / 8 Plus | Pelican

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone use a TB pouch to put their IPhone in and then clip it into a SE or Travel Cubelet?, I have a SE, but thinking of ordering a Travel Cubelet, when they are back in stock. I use the SE as EDC, but I could do with a bit more organisation..
    Putting an order into TB soon.
    TIA
    Jaffa

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an iPhone 6 plus with a 12 South ‘case’ (it’s the one that secures to the back and has a flap cover) that fits perfectly in the inner pocket of the travel cubelet with room for my passport at the same time. I think the dimensions of my phone and the 7 plus are almost the same, so unless you have a really substantial case, yours should fit too