Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fwiw, we have had several of the Jackery chargers (lipstick/candy-bar size; also one that's a bit bigger than a deck of cards, but heavier) and while I like the form factor, over time they seem to lose their ability to hold a charge. So I will be checking out Anker or the jump slate for our next round of chargers.
    Last edited by haraya; 04-25-2018 at 01:35 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I kind of have a collection of power banks, and I think I have most of the Anker batteries mentioned (PowerCore 10000, PowerCore II Slim 10000, and PowerCore Fusion 5000) and a Travel Cubelet. I'll get some pictures today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pictures with labels so that you can see what each item is. Hope these are helpful!

Everything I included in the pictures, Side Effect, Travel Cubelet, and the 3 batteries:
    Phone power bank recommendations-whole-gang-jpg

All 3 batteries on the Travel Cubelet:
    Phone power bank recommendations-travel-cubelet-above-jpg

It's really hard to take an interior shot of the Travel Cubelet, but this is my attempt:
    Phone power bank recommendations-inside-travel-cubelet-jpg

Side Effect with the PowerFusion 5000 and the PowerCore II Slim 10000 in the pockets:
    Phone power bank recommendations-side-effect-fusion-slim-jpg
    The PowerCore II Slim is really too tall to allow the Side Effect to zip in the pocket.

Finally, the Side Effect with the PowerCore 10000 in the pocket:
    Phone power bank recommendations-side-effect-powercore-jpg

York, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Rae..thanks very much that is a great help...will see what’s available online.
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Forum Member
    RDU Northern Carolina
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very interesting comparing the 10000 slim vs original. I ordered the slim just yesterday because I couldn't find dimensions online of the original and thought newer/better. However the original almost looks like a better package overall if you don't need it slim. What to do...

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
    I'm wanting something that is small/lightweight that will fit in a TC...
    If you aren't regularly doing intense long days of travel/video watching/phone photography, it might make sense to stock a few of those lipstick-sized mini-chargers, the ones companies hand out as corporate swag at conferences and such. They're small, flexible, practically free, and scalable. Take one...or five, depending on what you're doing that day. Each one will usually store 60-100% of a typ. smartphone charge.

Forum Member
    Michigan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by franzdom View Post
    Very interesting comparing the 10000 slim vs original. I ordered the slim just yesterday because I couldn't find dimensions online of the original and thought newer/better. However the original almost looks like a better package overall if you don't need it slim. What to do...
    For your viewing pleasure. I prefer the original vs the slim. The trade off in height and width doesn't make sense to save a minimal amount on depth unless you really need something that thin for something like a big wallet. I actually have a ultra thin one that is sized specifically for my wallet from jackery (5000mah - 2.5 x 4.9 x 0.4 in)
    Phone power bank recommendations-screenshot_2018_0426_12_40_42_001-jpg

Forum Member
    RDU Northern Carolina
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am returning the slim 10000 and am looking forward to trying the 6700 PowerCore II. Thank you!

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will these recharge a Kindle Paperwhite? My phone usage is minimal, but I'd hate to run out of reading material on a transatlantic flight!

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tress29 View Post
    Will these recharge a Kindle Paperwhite? My phone usage is minimal, but I'd hate to run out of reading material on a transatlantic flight!
    Absolutely. I recall the Paperwhite was about 1400mAh capacity, so you could easily get 5, maybe 6 full charges out of one of the 10,000mAh packs. Could probably go weeks before plugging into a wall outlet.

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hachkc View Post
    The trade off in height and width doesn't make sense to save a minimal amount on depth
    Only real quantifiable loss is the voltage switching, if you wanted to be able to top off a tablet or MacBook Air or something.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I swear by Anker. They come is all sizes for whatever your needs.

Forum Member
    Denver, CO
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anker 10050+ QUICK CHARGE pack, Powerport QUICK CHARGE charger, Powerline + Cables. All three very highly recommended. The QUICK CHARGE attributes are necessary for both charging and recharging. Great designs.

cave of caerbannog
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fluxcharger - smaller than a smartphone....weighs very little....comes in two colors and two power amounts....slips into inside pocket of Side Kick perfectly.

love mine....
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....
    be nice - until it's time to not be nice.......what separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Anker and Tenergy. Tenergy makes the batteries for many other battery packs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast