Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    York, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phone power bank recommendations

Thought I would start a new post just for this specific item:-

After losing my goal zero power bank (Flip 10), recently, Im now looking for a replacement.
    It needs to be good quality, small and able to charge my iphone, donít need it for iPad charging or camera.
    Small enough to fit in side effect or travel cubelet if I decide to change to that in future.
    Also, most be able to buy/order/deliver in the UK...if it looks good (grey/silver or black would be good as well!)

Thanks
    Jaffa
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the jump slate (ju-slate -5ku) because it is very flat and can be connected to an O ring. I use my own cable for iphone 8 and the built in one for my ipad. It is on the US amazon site - I don't know if it is in the uk or not.
    This one has a bit smaller measurement
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O057TKK..._t1_B00KWLUZGG
    Last edited by spcanf; 04-24-2018 at 12:45 PM.

San Jose, CA, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if it's available in the UK, but the Wirecutter review site recommends this recharger:

Jackery Bolt 6000 mAh Portable Charger
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A6L85CC...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Aisle seat
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had really good luck with Anker and own several of their power banks in various capacities. Their products are available through Amazon UK.
    Today is a good day for a good day!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I carry my Anker PowerCore 10000 with me everyday. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B019GJLER8 it fits in my Travel Cublet and Side Effect with no problems. I actually carry it daily in a little non Tom Bihn bag smaller than the 3D Organizer Cube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum Member
    Sydney
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try either the Cygnett Chargeup Pocket 2500 (which is smaller than a credit card and very thin), or if you need more power, the Anker Powercore Slim.

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iím in the U.K. and Anker products are superb (I think they are German). Got several of their power banks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Minneapolis, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I carry an Anker PowerCore fusion block and love it. 2usb ports and a foldable plug all-in-one. Charges an iphone 1.5 times and you can double as a plug-in powerblock. Very compact but not as thin as some of the other Anker product. I have my eye on another one, the PowerCore 10000 that’s about the size of a credit card! Just ine port though. Here’s the fuller name on Amazon:

Anker PowerCore Fusion, Portable Charger 5000mAh with Dual USB Wall Charger, Foldable Plug and PowerIQ

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been eye-ing that one!
    I have had other types of Anker batteries, and what I don't like about them is that you can't do pass-through charging (ie, charge the battery while it is charging a device). Sometimes this is a real annoyance during a short layover when I've trying to charge all my devices at once. I guess this device solves that problem?

Can I ask how long you have had it?

Currently carrying the Jackery Bolt described above in post #3 by @jool. Though mine is a slightly larger version of the one pictured. I like the built-in cords; I have the type C version for my Google Pixel, and the other built-in cord is micro-USB. I'm happy with it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahJaneMakes View Post
    I carry an Anker PowerCore fusion block and love it. 2usb ports and a foldable plug all-in-one. Charges an iphone 1.5 times and you can double as a plug-in powerblock. Very compact but not as thin as some of the other Anker product. I have my eye on another one, the PowerCore 10000 that’s about the size of a credit card! Just ine port though. Here’s the fuller name on Amazon:

Anker PowerCore Fusion, Portable Charger 5000mAh with Dual USB Wall Charger, Foldable Plug and PowerIQ
    Last edited by bchaplin; 04-25-2018 at 07:29 AM.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Minneapolis, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve had my block since January and use it pretty regularly (2x/week). The block charges AFTER your device is charged if plugged into another powersource directly. So it’s still a 2-step process but not time lost switching devices out. I have an iPhone X and an iPad pro 10.5 and it is a godsend for travel, commuting and teaching (in the evenings, after my fullyime job). The saved minutes and reduced need to find a wall and an outlet are huge. And I’m pretty motivated to get it charged back up when I run it flat. Since I can plug it in bedside and still have my phone charged up too by morning it’s pretty great and easy to remember to stow in my bag again.

I’m in China right now and FORGOT it on my husband’s charger when I left I bought a lipstick charger in a rest stop here and it’s been a good bandaid but it’s no comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    I've been eye-ing that one!
    I have had other types of Anker batteries, and what I don't like about them is that you can't do pass-through charging (ie, charge the battery while it is charging a device). Sometimes this is a real annoyance during a short layover when I've trying to charge all my devices at once. I guess this device solves that problem?

Can I ask how long you have had it?

TB Crew (we work here) MatthewR's Avatar
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally really like Jackery's chargers. I have a 12000 mAh charger that I got 5 years ago for charging my tablet and phone at GenCon that's still going strong, and my wife has the 6000 mAh and really likes it and carries it everywhere with her as well.

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For many years I used an Anker 20,000mAh battery as backup for my iPhone and laptop. It was powerful, but also big and heavy. My new computer battery is much larger, so I recently stepped down to the IKEA Solbana for just the phone. Below is my 3D Mesh Cube seatback pocket kit, with everything that fits:

Phone power bank recommendations-img_9689-jpg

It charges off MicroUSB and has a 2A USB outlet, so it does charge the phone quickly or can top off a tablet. The power check button can be used to turn it off manually, which is handy. It's rated 10,000mAh, and so far pretty impressive for a $15 item.

Forum Member
    Michigan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahJaneMakes View Post
    Iíve had my block since January and use it pretty regularly (2x/week). The block charges AFTER your device is charged if plugged into another powersource directly. So itís still a 2-step process but not time lost switching devices out. I have an iPhone X and an iPad pro 10.5 and it is a godsend for travel, commuting and teaching (in the evenings, after my fullyime job). The saved minutes and reduced need to find a wall and an outlet are huge. And Iím pretty motivated to get it charged back up when I run it flat.
    I purchased the Anker Fusion awhile back but didn't care for it and "donated" it to my son. I have the Powercore 10k referenced above, a Powercore II 20k plus a Native Union slim charger.

The issues I had with the Anker fusion battery were:

1. Too small at 5k. I'll use my 10k or 20k depending on my travel and bag choice. I almost never plug into a power outlet when I'm at an airport, that's why I carry an ext battery so I want one that lasts. Drain the ext battery during the day, recharge it at night.
    2. Too heavy. It would some times fall out of wall outlets, not an issue with the native union charger.
    3. The Powercore 10k + native union charger are not much bigger than the Anker Fusion plus I'm not limited to 1 device in case something breaks/dies/lost/etc

Basically, its a tradeoff IMO. Its too small as a battery, too big for a charger but its 1 device versus 2 better devices.

As to ext batteries in general, I always recommend anker

Forum Member
    Somerset, England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another UK based fan of Anker here! I'm planning to get myself the same one Rae mentions upthread since I'd like it to live in the same Cubelet as my charging cables.

York, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will continue to have a look at Anker..Im wanting something that is small/lightweight that will fit in a TC...
    I just like to have it in case of emergency type charge..Ie if Im at work or out and about, so it will charge/top up my iphone whilst Im out and about.
    Jaffa
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast