Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Boston, MA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eyeglasses/Sunglasses Case

Hello everyone! I find I am increasingly relying on these forums for all my advice...

Does anyone have a recommendation for a sturdy, light case for eyeglasses and sunglasses? I am thinking of something slim that will fit in a pocket (cafe bag, maker's bag, etc.) that I can swap glasses in and out of when I go from sun to indoors, for instance. I think it should probably be a slip case with an open top to make it more convenient. It really only needs minimal padding; this is more to prevent scratches, etc.

I searched the boards a bit but could not find anything.

Thanks!
    MrKnitster on ravelry
    Aeronaut 45s in Burnt Orange, Verde, Navy and Steel, all with Northern Sky interior, Maker's Bag in Navy/Wasabi, Swifts in Burnt Orange/Northern Sky, Olive/Linen, Medium Cafe Bag in Navy/Cayenne and tons of pouches, stuff sacks, straps, etc.

Atlanta, GA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the (zippered) eyeglass case I use and it is slim enough to fit into the larger slip pockets of the Side Kick. I have Rx glasses and am able to fit both my pairs in at the same time. I cut off the ginormous clasp and threaded a small key ring through the loop so I can better use the case with keystraps. For size reference I have attached a pic. That is an A6 size notebook beside it.

Eyeglasses/Sunglasses Case-tbedc2-jpg

Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

Forum Member
    New England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you thinking of a cloth case? You could probably find something on Etsy. If you want a bit more padding than that, I second @Aeon's suggestion for a zippered neoprene case. I take one hiking. My favorite for ease of access is a generic clamshell case, although truly streamlined ones are harder to find.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed you said "open top". I use a Graf Lantz felted wool case. It fits in the internal pocket of a Medium Cafe Bag (of course depends if your glasses are oversized). I wanted something with structure that would stay open so I could insert glasses one-handed. The fit in the pocket is somewhat snug. Whether that's a feature or a bug depends on you. However the felt may be too thick for you...you said you only need minimal padding. they periodically update/change the available colors. I saw this in the Museum of Modern Art gift shop in NYC in December, but it doesn't seem to be on the MOMA website anymore.

Eyeglass Sleeve Felt
    What's better than o-rings? More o-rings.

Boston, MA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, @K9TB, this is exactly what I was looking for! The colors were limited and some were sold out, but a quick search on Etsy found a very similar style in many colors for half the price...

Thanks for the recommendation!
    MrKnitster on ravelry
    Aeronaut 45s in Burnt Orange, Verde, Navy and Steel, all with Northern Sky interior, Maker's Bag in Navy/Wasabi, Swifts in Burnt Orange/Northern Sky, Olive/Linen, Medium Cafe Bag in Navy/Cayenne and tons of pouches, stuff sacks, straps, etc.

Boston, MA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoops! I meant to include the link:

felt eyeglass case
    MrKnitster on ravelry

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that it is going to sound like a bit much, but I use an SE for my glasses.

I went from using a cheap and nice pair of sunglasses which took being on my nose, over my head to placed into my EDC to 3 pairs of glasses, regular, reader and really strong UV protector sunglasses that fit over both.

Everyone of them is needed and the SE is perfect for holding 2 out of 3.

I reinforced the side without pocket, which would be the back of the SE by placing a couple of Ballistic Knitting Tool Pouches there, which provide protection and can be used as extra pockets.

The SE can double as a quick errand bag, as it fits a smaller phone and keys.

The SE coordinate with my FJN and they are both EDC.