Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomGault View Post
    Thank you very much for the suggestions! I'm leaning toward a thin/medium merino wool sweater as a mid-layer, to be combined with a rain/wind-proof shell.

Any ideas on prime suppliers? I really try to avoid Chinese made products (and Jos. A Bank) as much as possible. O'Connell's or Brooks Brothers would avoid the technical design, but then I also worry that the sweater might be too fussy. :\
    Ibex used to make nice sweaters, but they are temporarily out of business (supposedly they will be returning at some point). I have heard good things about Duckworth, but haven't bought anything from them. You also could just go old school and shop at a higher end department store. Sometimes, I've seen Zegna (the real line, not the casual line) marked down significantly, and they make very high quality clothing (I have things from them actually made in Switzerland!).

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smitten merino is Australian made. I can vouch for the quality and wash and wear durability of their fabrics.

Forum Member
    Bordeaux, Paris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second Darcy on both St. James and ArmorLux for wool. I particularly like the half-zip turtlenecks; zip them up for warmth, open the neck with a buttoned shirt underneath and it is nearly as dressy as a jacket.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2