Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Are You Carrying? Summer Heat Edition (7/2018)
    It's time again for that perennial favorite, "what are you carrying"!

What bag/accessories are you carrying (items + colors, pics always welcome)?

I’m currently carrying a medium Cafe Bag in deep blue/grass with a small Cafe Freudian Slip that holds a notebook, a paperback, two phones, a flashlight, a lip balm, and a small OP with half a dozen writing instruments.

What are you reading?

INK: Culture, Wonder, and our Relationship with the Written Word by Ted Bishop; The Fifth Heart by Dan Simmons; and The Lonely City by Olivia Laing

What are you playing or watching (movies, theatre, video games, etc.)?

Just saw The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society... loved it for what it was.

What are you listening to?

Sara Thomsen; Writers and Company; Pop Culture Happy Hour; Carrie Newcomer; Natalie Merchant

What are you cooking/baking/drinking?

Cold oatmeal! With milk, ricotta cheese, and cinnamon. SOOO good. And, over the summer, I have mastered tea biscuits. From nothing to AHH, in about a half hour.

What are you making/creating/doing?

I am creating poetry and blog entries as well as publicity for fall programming where I work.

What travel destinations are on the horizon for you?

Going to PEI tomorrow! Yea for a late summer road trip! And, Manila in November to translate at a meeting.

Bonus Question: What's one of your favorite pieces of media (art, songs/albums, poem, TV series, video game, play, etc.)?

Augh...so hard to choose just one... I’ll go with TS Eliot’s Journey of the Magi.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KmK View Post

What are you cooking/baking/drinking?

Cold oatmeal! With milk, ricotta cheese, and cinnamon. SOOO good. And, over the summer, I have mastered tea biscuits. From nothing to AHH, in about a half hour.
    Would you please share the recipes?
    Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Would you please share the recipes?
    Smilie
    TEA BISCUITS: All ingredients at room temperature. SIFT: 2 cups flour; 4 healthy teaspoons baking powder; 2 Tablespoons sugar. CUT IN: 1/4 Cup butter and 1/4 Cup Crisco. WORK IT IN UNTIL LIKE COARSE MEAL. // IN A SEPARATE BOWL: BEAT: 1 egg then ADD between 3/4 - 1 Cup Milk // ADD LIQUID TO DRY// MIX SLIGHTLY AND TURN ONTO A WELL FLOURED SURFACE. KNEAD JUST UNTIL DOUGH COMES TOGETHER AS A WHOLE. PAT OUT INTO AN INCH THICK CIRCLE AND CUT BISCUITS WITH A DRINKING GLASS (2 IN.-ish DIAMETER). 400 FOR 12-15 MINUTES.

COLD OATMEAL: DUMP INTO A BOWL: 1 Cup ricotta cheese + 1 and a 1/3 Cups of Milk + 1Cup Rolled Oats. STIR. POUR INTO THE CONTAINER YOU WANT TO STORE IT IN. REFRIGERATE OVERNIGHT. You CAN add Honey or Maple Syrup if you like it sweet. I leave it as is and sprinkle cinnamon and cardamom across the top and stir it in. Spices and sweet are to taste. Depending on how loose or tight you like it, you can play a bit with the amounts. As is, not a lot of extra liquid and nicely spoonable.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KmK View Post
    TEA BISCUITS: All ingredients at room temperature. SIFT: 2 cups flour; 4 healthy teaspoons baking powder; 2 Tablespoons sugar. CUT IN: 1/4 Cup butter and 1/4 Cup Crisco. WORK IT IN UNTIL LIKE COARSE MEAL. // IN A SEPARATE BOWL: BEAT: 1 egg then ADD between 3/4 - 1 Cup Milk // ADD LIQUID TO DRY// MIX SLIGHTLY AND TURN ONTO A WELL FLOURED SURFACE. KNEAD JUST UNTIL DOUGH COMES TOGETHER AS A WHOLE. PAT OUT INTO AN INCH THICK CIRCLE AND CUT BISCUITS WITH A DRINKING GLASS (2 IN.-ish DIAMETER). 400 FOR 12-15 MINUTES.

COLD OATMEAL: DUMP INTO A BOWL: 1 Cup ricotta cheese + 1 and a 1/3 Cups of Milk + 1Cup Rolled Oats. STIR. POUR INTO THE CONTAINER YOU WANT TO STORE IT IN. REFRIGERATE OVERNIGHT. You CAN add Honey or Maple Syrup if you like it sweet. I leave it as is and sprinkle cinnamon and cardamom across the top and stir it in. Spices and sweet are to taste. Depending on how loose or tight you like it, you can play a bit with the amounts. As is, not a lot of extra liquid and nicely spoonable.
    Scones!

I've always wondered what you guys in north America call these and now I know What Are You Carrying? Summer Heat Edition (7/2018)

Being a bit rebellious myself, I like to add raisins or currants to mine What Are You Carrying? Summer Heat Edition (7/2018)

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always wondered what you guys in north America call these and now I know
    We usually call them scones here in New England. I can't vouch for other areas.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3