Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Minneapolis
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bite-sized happiness :)

It's been a bit of a crappy 2 or 3 weeks for me, and I have been coping with bite-sized hits of happiness: songs, poems, quotes, tv episodes, etc. that are short(ish) and guaranteed to make me smile or even laugh a bit for a few minutes.

Anyone else do this? If so, what are your faves?

selected songs: Domino by Van Morrison, Pope by Prince, While You See a Chance by Steve Winwood, Side Pony by Lake Street Dive, Somebody Loves You by Betty Who, How Will I Know by Whitney Houston, Mary Ellen Carter by Stan Rogers

some TV episodes: A few from NewsRadio, including The Cane, Review, The Trainer, and Complaint Box; A few from The X-Files: Small Potatoes, Post-Modern Prometheus, Bad Blood, War of the Coprophages; and of course The Simpsons: Brother from Another Series, Two Bad Neighbors, Lisa the Vegetarian, Summer of 4 Ft. 2

My Favorite Murder podcast eps are a good bet (one thing I can count on looking forward to on a Monday is the new mini-sode)

For (silly) poems to smile about Shel Silverstein is a go-to, as I grew up on his books:

Inside everybody's nose
    There lives a sharp-toothed snail.
    So if you stick your finger in,
    He may bite off your nail.
    Stick it farther up inside,
    And he may bite your ring off.
    Stick it all the way, and he
    Might bite the whole darn thing off.

To Flush, My Dog by Elizabeth Barrett Browning is bittersweet, but still makes me smile.

And when my insomnia is driving me nuts, this poem from Bessie Haley Hyde:

We
    Of the night,
    Will know
    Many things
    Of which
    You sleepers
    Have never
    Dreamed.
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.” ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No matter what, if I listen to Taylor Swift's Shake It Off, my day gets better. Also, potato chips, earl grey tea, and a good book.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Fatboy Slim "Weapon of Choice" video never fails to cheer me up. And my Good & Well Supply candles and scents are always relaxing. I particularly love Crater Lake and Wild Fig. And for tea, blackberry sage!
    Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
    Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I play a lot of Xbox 1, been hitting PUBG a lot lately.
    I wanted to get back into Destiny 2 but decided to not give any more money to that franchise.

If you have Netflix take a look at The haunting of hill house, that is actually one show that gave me the chills watching, but this show won't help with chilling you out LOL.

As for food, I eat everything but just got my teeth retainers a few days ago and its slowed my enjoyment on eating.

denver, colorado
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Songs: languid and dreamy

#9 Dream - John Lennon
    Saltwater - Geowolf
    Sit Next To Me - Foster The People
    Destiny - Zero Seven
    LeMonde - Thievery Corporation
    No Way No - Magic

Books: anything by David Sedaris, Jim Harrison, Rainer Rilke, Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I also have a dedicated computer monitor in my office that plays nothing but webcams of the ocean. Watching waves break on the shore is the best meditation that I've found...

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ack, I'm sorry you've had a not-so-wonderful week
    virtual, not-at-all-creepy, hugs from afar

Shel Silverstein - Snowball

"I made myself a snowball
    As perfect as could be.
    I thought I’d keep it as a pet
    And let it sleep with me.
    I made it some pajamas
    And a pillow for its head.
    Then last night it ran away,
    But first—it wet the bed."

may your new day be filled with interesting moments, small acts of kindness, and dry trousers
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too!

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine are often funny tweets I see, like this one that has me cracking up for a couple of weeks, from @Playing_Dad

Guest: Which way to the bathroom?

Bruce Wayne: *sweating* Haha, why would I have a bat room?

Guest: I said bathroom. What did you say?

Bruce Wayne: It's to the left

Guest: Thanks. That's a nice hat, man.

Bruce Wayne: *clearly sweating through tuxedo* What did you call me?

(link)

Forum Member
    NE UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Rush Hour' by Jane Wiedlin, or 'Sunflower River Blues' by John Fahey.

A bottle of Fentiman's Cherry Cola, ice cold.

Just about any P G Wodehouse Jeeves story, especially The Aunt And The Sluggard and The Great Sermon Handicap.

And any Sideshow Bob episode of the Simpsons. I'm not sure what my favourite one is called, but Bob's released from prison and goes to live with his brother Cecil, who's every bit as insufferable as Bob. My favourite exchange:

Cecil: A glass of Bordeaux? I have a Chateau Latour' 82, or a rather indifferent Rausan-Segle.

Bob: Cecil, I've been in prison for seven years. I'll be grateful for anything that doesn't taste like orange drink fermented under a radiator.

Cecil: Hmmm...it had better be the Latour then.

Minneapolis
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amallen View Post
    Cecil: A glass of Bordeaux? I have a Chateau Latour' 82, or a rather indifferent Rausan-Segle.

Bob: Cecil, I've been in prison for seven years. I'll be grateful for anything that doesn't taste like orange drink fermented under a radiator.

Cecil: Hmmm...it had better be the Latour then.
    that episode is Brother from Another Series--it's on my list! bite-sized happiness :)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.” ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As most parts of the country move towards winter, I've always like Robert Frost's "Dust of Snow":
    The way a crow
    Shook down on me
    The dust of snow
    From a hemlock tree

Has given my heart
    A change of mood
    And saved some part
    Of a day I had rued.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much all my favorite music from latin jazz to celtic to James/Michael/Prince and Tina Turner all for dance to warm up and song to cheer up.

TV: PBS except news and costume dramas. Colbert (monologue only or with guest, if really interesting), Samantha Bee and John Oliver (little by little).

Need to get back to the hobbies, Calligraphy, Copic coloring, needlework and matte watercolor as well as daily journaling.

Nice soft food.
    Last edited by backpack; 11-14-2018 at 10:16 PM.

Forum Member
    Virginia, Paris, Berlin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sharon Shannon—Irish (accordian music)
    West Nkosi, “Rythm of Healing”. (Cape jazz)

Either of these two musicians will make you smile and fix your mood. Maybe not what you want if you have a broken leg, because you’ll want to dance.

Forum Member
    Virginia, Paris, Berlin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sharon Shannon—Irish (accordian music)
    West Nkosi, “Rythm of Healing”. (Cape jazz)

Either of these two musicians will make you smile and fix your mood. Maybe not what you want if you have a broken leg, because you’ll want to dance.

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The AI Weirdness blog. Some of my favorites are the ones where the neural network tries to do recipes, and comes up with ingredients like "½ cup unbleached diced cold water". Here's one of my favorites: Letting neural networks be weird • The neural network gives bad cooking advice . I also love the later posts that are illustrated with this cute little box-creature to represent the neural network.

@melminimalist mentioned Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off." My introduction to that song was watching The Rock lip-sync it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn3tUOJ9yv4 . I love the joy he seems to bring to it. That joy also shows up in the Siri commercial/mini-movie he did last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DWUuKIl09Y (the first half of the video at that link)

And speaking of videos, there's Professor Elemental's song "All In Together" and the accompanying video (filmed at a steampunk convention!) with its excellent message of "everyone's OK, including you" and (direct quote) "there's no such thing as normal, everybody's weird". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFL5GTKwonQ

@kathryn, I wish you strength to get through the crappy time, and I hope things look up for you soon!

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    P.S. I just spotted this in another AI Weirdness post that mixed H.P. Lovecraft's work with recipes: "Sometimes, in the throes of a nightmare when unseen powers whirl one over the roofs of strange dead cities toward the grinning chasm of Nis, it is a relief and even a delight to make the soup." Perhaps making soup would be a good idea! :-D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast