Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightweight camera to take photos with zoom capacity.

My trusty camcorder has a screen problem.

I really miss the ability of taking zoomed in pictures of birds and other wildlife.

Is there a camera that is lightweight and can zoom pretty far without the burden of a big add on lens?

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not lightweight but I love my LUMIX superzoom. I took it on safari and got pictures as good (or better) than my husband with his multiple long lenses.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a hard question to answer because it depends on what you consider lightweight, what your budget is, and the image quality you need. I have heard good things about the LUMIX ZS 100, particularly video quality. Unfortunately, I don't have real world experience with this model.

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not just another camcorder? Seems like the zoom ranges on those were always better than the superzoom cameras.

I have had several Lumix cameras in the past, I always liked the performance. They were larger bridge cameras though, I think there are newer pocket-size superzooms in the range now. I think Lumix still use Leica lenses as well.

Forum Member
    Florida, US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Panasonic Lumix zs100 gets my vote! It's not super compact, but it'll easily slip into a bag. I take it with me for photos and videos at concerts and it's great.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like my Olympus TG-4 Tough camera. Small. Takes great photos. Rugged. Waterproof. Itís been replaced by the TG-5.

Example photo on trip to Dry Tortugas NP last weekend.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dad does a lot of wildlife photography with a Canon Powershot SX60 HS. It's remarkably lightweight, has an incredible zoom range, and takes excellent photos. It's not a physically tiny as some of the other options, but it's not nearly as bulky or heavy as dSLR.
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.