Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi folks,

Just wanted to wish all of you a warm and wonderful Thanksgiving!

Indeed, we don't need a particular day of the year to express our gratitude. Gratitude is a perspective with which we can approach each wonderful day.

I think days like Thanksgiving provide an opportunity for us to take a break from the busy-ness of life, to spend un-rushed time with our family and friends, to express the gratitude that at other times of the year may go unspoken.

This amazing community that is the TOM BIHN Forum, all of you wonderful people that make up this community, is something that I feel very thankful for! There is so much out there on the Internet, and this little place here is like this island paradise with clear waters, pink sand, ripe, organic tropical fruit and smiles and goodness.

Thank you all for making this place so special!

I wanted to share what I prepared for Thanksgiving -- a Spicy Butternut Squash Soup. The recipe was actually for a Thai Spicy Pumpkin Soup, but I substituted butternut squash for the pumpkin. It's vegan, and was absolutely delicious!

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.

Peel, cube and roast two butternut squash. Sprinkle some salt and toss in sunflower oil. Bake on baking sheet for 25 minutes at 400 degrees.

Alternatively, cut the two butternut squash in half lengthwise, removing the seeds. Cover with sunflower oil and sprinkle some salt. Bake on baking sheet for 45 minutes at 400 degrees. Remove skin after they're baked.

Follow the recipe as described otherwise. I left out the pumpkin seeds.

I also made a mess with the blender, but that's part of the fun!

Would love for you to share a Thanksgiving (or other favorite) recipe!

Happy Thanksgiving!
    -m

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somehow I missed this until just now!

I am totally going to make that soup this week -- thanks for the recipe, mav.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! I have been looking for an excuse to buy some more squash - so this recipe will be some motivation!

I did pork chops recently with this marinade: Chesapeake Bay Pork Chops | AllRecipes - but a little heavier on the lime and Old Bay.

Anyone who cooks a lot have any advice for making baked zucchini cut into "fries"? I have tried something similar to this: Baked Zucchini Fries | Lil' Luna - but cut into skinnier sticks. However, mine have come out too soggy for my liking both times I've made them. Even tried pressing a bunch of the water out with paper towels last time before breading them.

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarepants View Post
    Anyone who cooks a lot have any advice for making baked zucchini cut into "fries"? I have tried something similar to this: Baked Zucchini Fries | Lil' Luna - but cut into skinnier sticks. However, mine have come out too soggy for my liking both times I've made them. Even tried pressing a bunch of the water out with paper towels last time before breading them.
    I slice them into rings and cook them like fried green tomatoes!