Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1.*What bag/accessories are you carrying (items + colors, pics always welcome)?

I’ll list what I happen to be carrying this week (and not necessarily carrying all at once):

Utility Tote in Storm 1000d Cordura
    Two Caches for my two laptops (it’s a long story involving my fast and intense typing)
    An early sample of the Shadow Guide
    3D Fabric Cube in Northwest Sky
    Nik’s Minimalist Wallet #2 in Coyote
    Small Padded Organizer Pouch
    Coyote/Mesh Mini Organizer Pouch
    Small Cafe Bag in Parapack watercolor camo
    The Truck in Forest 1050d (we only made one sample: it’s too difficult to make out of 1050d)
    Small Zip-Top Shop Bag in Black

2.*What are you reading?

Caribou Rainforest by David Moskowitz
    Homo Deus by Yuval Harari

Next up:
    Altered Traits: Science Reveals How Meditation Changes Your Mind, Brain, and Body by Daniel Goleman

3.*What are you playing or watching (movies, theatre, video games, etc.)?

First seasons of:
    Barry (HBO)
    Forever (Amazon)

I think I’m the last person to have discovered Fixer Upper and I’m almost done with all five seasons.

4.*What are you listening to?

Two of my favorite artists — Anna Calvi and Blood Orange — came out with new albums this summer and those are still in heavy rotation.

I’m enjoying all of the Klezmer stations on Spotify. Plus, of course, the Forum-sourced playlist for the TOM BIHN crew.

5.*What are you cooking/baking/drinking?

I just received a shipment of fresh dates from The Date People (one of my favorite small businesses). The dates are so fresh it’s almost like eating caramels. I use them in some baking projects — banana bread, German chocolate cake — but mostly I just eat them on their own.

Cooking: pizza, takeout this month. When I cook at home…. rice (or quinoa) and beans and vegetables. Burrito bowls, saffron rice with vegetables, that kind of thing. Avocados.

Drinking: Esther’s (seamstress here at TB) Cold Remedy tea…. simmer lots of fresh ginger and jujube dates for half an hour. Drink!

6.*What are you making/creating/doing?

I’m doing my best even though it’s December to get my hands in the dirt and garden here and there — transplanting plants, pulling weeds, planting new trees.

Fiona and I are working towards her next Trick Dog title. She’s naturally good at (and likes) tricks and thankfully is incredibly patient with me (I am not naturally good at training her how to do tricks.... it's a lesson in humility) Currently working on: bow and “ring a front desk bell”.

7.*Where have you gone lately?*-or-*What travel destinations are on the horizon for you?

I went camping in Idaho back in September. And next year….. Hawaii!

Bonus Question: Since it's the season of giving,*what is your favorite charity?

I love this bonus question!

Conservation Canines
    WildEarth Guardians
    Frankie’s Friends
    Electronic Frontier Foundation
    Mary’s Place
    Last edited by Darcy; 12-12-2018 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Spotify, not Shopify
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Small Cafe Bag in Parapack watercolor camo
    @Darcy, is this a hint of some new fabric soon to debut? Even if it's not, please share a picture with us. It sounds very intriguing.
    Looking for upper and lower modular pockets in original Nordic. Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    @Darcy, is this a hint of some new fabric soon to debut? Even if it's not, please share a picture with us. It sounds very intriguing.
    It's actually quite old: see here.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to have a Parapack DLBP! .....and a Brain Bag!
    Last edited by KAB; 12-13-2018 at 09:51 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool! Thanks for sharing and allowing us to get a look at this one-of-a-kind bag.
    Looking for upper and lower modular pockets in original Nordic. Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1.*What bag/accessories are you carrying (items + colors, pics always welcome)?

EDC: coyote/steel side effect with matching small OP in steel, navy COW, mini OP in sitka and various keystraps

College: grey cordura synapse 19 with medium cafe bag Freudian slip organising my bits and pieces

Day walks: olive daylight backpack

Carrying things about the house: fjord small shop bag with my tablet in an envelope cache

Bedside organiser: large travel tray in Sitka

Honourable mention for the small zip top shop bag in black, the ideal stealth bag as it is much bigger than it looks. About to be used for a weekend away What Are You Carrying? Rainy Autumn Edition (11/2018)

2.*What are you reading?

Dorothy Parker

3.*What are you playing or watching (movies, theatre, video games, etc.)?

Crappy Hallmark Christmas movies at home.
    Aquaman at the cinema - featuring Julie Andrews as an ancient sea monster, which is exactly the level of crazy I look for in a superhero movie What Are You Carrying? Rainy Autumn Edition (11/2018)

4.*What are you listening to?

Ariana Grande

5.*What are you cooking/baking/drinking?

Mulled wine (with honey and home infused spiced vodka)
    Lebkuchen (not home made but I'm thinking of giving it a go)
    Welsh rarebit
    For the uninitiated, Welsh rarebit is like cheese on toast but magically transformed into the best thing you've ever eaten What Are You Carrying? Rainy Autumn Edition (11/2018)

6.*What are you making/creating/doing?

I’m learning Welsh, finally, and have just booked for a three day class over New Year.

7.*Where have you gone lately?*-or-*What travel destinations are on the horizon for you?

I had been planning a trip to Copenhagen (Denmark) to coincide with my husband's annual sales conference but have been thwarted by a change in company policy which means he can't book his own flights What Are You Carrying? Rainy Autumn Edition (11/2018) am now pondering going somewhere solo instead while he's away.

Bonus Question: Since it's the season of giving,*what is your favorite charity?

Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland What Are You Carrying? Rainy Autumn Edition (11/2018)
    British Bryological Society What Are You Carrying? Rainy Autumn Edition (11/2018)
    South Lancashire Bat Group What Are You Carrying? Rainy Autumn Edition (11/2018)

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    Welsh rarebit
    For the uninitiated, Welsh rarebit is like cheese on toast but magically transformed into the best thing you've ever eaten What Are You Carrying? Rainy Autumn Edition (11/2018)
    Do you have a favorite recipe for it that you'd be willing to share? It sounds delicious! I've heard of it but have never had it.

Forum Member 3rdCoastHighlander's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. What bag/accessories are you carrying (items + colors, pics always welcome)?
    TB S19 (details below),
    2. What are you reading?
    The Paris Architect, El tiempo entre costuras.
    3. What are you playing or watching (movies, theatre, video games, etc.)?
    Film Noire, Las chicas del cable
    4. What are you listening to?
    A little bit of everything. Springsteen, Beatles, Stones, Miles Davis, Coltrane, David Bowie, Tom Petty
    5. What are you cooking/baking/drinking?
    I made Tortilla española tonight. Pesto tomorrow.
    6. What are you making/creating/doing?
    I'm a high school teacher so not much time for my self this time of the year- always planning, reading essays, and grading. Spring and summer: gardening, travel, small projects around the house, beach time. I was a road cyclist until I screwed up my back lifting and loading a kayak on my car...and kayaking.
    7. Where have you gone lately? -or- What travel destinations are on the horizon for you?
    Last summer: Spain for two weeks with my family. We stayed with friends, and in cheap places. Next summer I'll take 60 students to Berlin, Prague, Budapest, Krakow, and Vienna.

Bonus Question: Since it's the season of giving, what is your favorite charity?
    Village Health Works, Women in Transition
    Synapse 19, Black Halcyon/Island with multiple organizer accessories. Black Halcyon/Island Side Kick, 7-8 TB Shopping totes.
    Briggs & Riley CX Carry-on.
    "You can't have a narrow mind and a thick passport."- Pauline Frommer
    Travel is about the gorgeous feeling of teetering in the unknown.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welsh rarebit recipe for aedifica

You will need

Equipment

Small saucepan
    Smallish wooden spoon or stirrer
    Spoon measures for half teaspoon, teaspoon and tablespoon
    Grill, or if you're in North America, broiler
    Measuring scales
    Cheese grater or sharp knife to cut up cheese into small chunks

Ingredients

Two thick slices of nice bread, I use a brown cob loaf
    112 grams of mature cheddar (sharp cheddar) grated or cut into chunks
    1/2 teaspoon mustard
    1 teaspoon plain flour
    1 teaspoon Worcester sauce (sub 1 teaspoon water if you haven't got Worcester sauce or don't like it - it's not vegetarian)
    2 tablespoons of milk OR one each of water and cream (beer is traditional here but since I don't like beer, I don't use it)
    And consider also
    A nice glass of wine or beer to drink with it (having alcohol with cheese prevents indigestion, or at least in European tradition What Are You Carrying? Rainy Autumn Edition (11/2018))

Instructions

First make the cheesy bit.
    Put all the ingredients except the bread into the small saucepan and put on a low heat. Stir it round with your wooden spoon or whatever until everything melts together into a thick cheesy goop, a few minutes. You don't have to stir continuously, but I wouldn't walk away from the hob either.
    When the cheesy stuff is all melted together, turn off the heat under the saucepan and turn your attention to toasting your bread.
    When you have made your toast to your liking, spread the cheesy goop onto the toast. Do not spread right to the edge or it will run off the edge and make a mess. Put the whole thing under the grill (broiler) for a couple of minutes until bubbling with a few brown speckles.
    Eat while still hot and gloopy, marvelling at your culinary accomplishment, and chase it with a beer or glass of wine.
    If you are feeling particularly hungry, eat both slices yourself, or if less so, share with a lucky friend What Are You Carrying? Rainy Autumn Edition (11/2018)

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3