Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Bordeaux, Paris
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are your languages?

Over the years I have noticed that lots of forum members seem to speak German (or want to learn).
    What's up with that?

So I thought I would ask:
    What languages do forum members speak?

English, German, French here, with some Dutch and much less Russian.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    English...learning Italian and Spanish

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finnish, English, some German and Swedish.

Minneapolis, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    French and Chinese. I regret learning French instead of Spanish, though. So I plan to learn Spanish. Smilie Good question!

Atlanta, GA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    我说英文。我在学习中文。我的中文不好。
    I speak English. I am studying Chinese. My Chinese is no good.
    But I'm still trying!
    current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color 好的朋友

Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to learn Chinese! not sure if I'd go with Mandarin or Cantonese but I'd happily settle for either!

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    English, German, Spanish, Latin, Ancient Greek, and I'll be starting Hebrew pretty soon. I can read quite a few more, but these are the ones I can speak and understand, or in the case of Latin and Greek, read and write.
    Boots, Bags, and Beer. (And Coffee)

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    English, survival Spanish, can read and write Hebrew, but can't speak it all (useful, right?)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Vancouver, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I speak South Louisiana, with some New Orleans, and Texas (both DFW and Houston dialects).

I can speak a very rudimentary version of grammatically-correct English, as well. I am learning to speak Washington and Oregon.

I really do regret not learning any other language. I had French in high school and Spanish in college, but did not retain any of it.
    Last edited by sujo; 09-16-2017 at 01:13 PM.

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    English is primary, I know a little german, only enough for small talk our ordering a meal.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    English and a lot of Spanish (Mexican/Puerto Rican Spanish, I don't understand Spain Spanish very well).
    I understand German when it's spoken to me, but only can speak a little bit and I'm not good at reading it.
    I have "survival" ability in Italian and Turkish.

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I speak English (the British version rather than the American version), and enough French and Italian to get around places where those are spoken. This last week has been Māori Language Week in New Zealand and I've taken the opportunity to learn some more words of Te Reo Māori to add to my vocabulary, even though it's not a language I would claim to speak yet.

When I travel, I like to learn some basics in the language of whatever country I'm visiting. My local public library subscribes to Mango Languages which I've found really great for this purpose, and totally free to me as a library member.
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Winnipeg, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    English and some Québécois-style French. My kids are in French immersion in school and are way ahead of me, but I can converse with them a bit, and read more.

Mango is great!

Colorado Springs
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started with Spanish in high school. Everything filters through that first. Then Ancient Greek, Hebrew, German (which I tried 3 times, but never got the knack of it), French. Dabbled in Coptic and a bit of Luganda. :-)

Dallas, Texas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spanish, and enough Italian to cope when visiting Italy. Would really like to learn French next, mainly because our last 2 big trips were to Quebec and France, and I am dying to go back to France again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful. — Shaker Philosophy

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast