Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Signature required for UPS delivery?

The confirmation emails I get from UPS about my Tom Bihn packages always 'say signature required for package delivery', but my package was delivered this afternoon and the email from UPS says 'left at front door'. I'm a bit concerned as my flight home was delayed until tomorrow due to the weather. I'm hoping nobody steals it or it doesn't get soaked in the rain. Has anyone else had this issue with UPS or are signatures not really required?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the sender sent it with Signature Required, then someone has to sign for it. They are not supposed to leave it by the door.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    If the sender sent it with Signature Required, then someone has to sign for it. They are not supposed to leave it by the door.
    Unfortunately, not supposed to and actually does are two different things. I've had plenty of packages (not TB ones thankfully) that have just been left on the doorstep without a signature, even though the paperwork says it should have had one. Pretty much the only time I've ever had to sign was if I was home at the time, or if COD, taxes or Duties were due on the package. And that's not just UPS, Canada Post, Fedex, etc. all do it.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly...yes....UPS rarely ever has me sign for something, when when it says "signature required". Our local UPS also has a nasty habit of lying about where they've left things. "Front Door" could mean the actual front door, the bottom of the stairs (we lived on the third floor), the letter boxes, the rental office. I've had more than one package where it said "signed for by resident" and I couldn't find the package.

Hopefully your delivery goes ok and doesn't get stolen. Is there anyone you can contact to have them pick up the package for you?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesomepants View Post
    The confirmation emails I get from UPS about my Tom Bihn packages always 'say signature required for package delivery'
    I will have to pay attention to my next TB order email, have ordered MANY times in the last 2 years and never had to sign for anything, they leave it on my porch whether I am there or not...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For UPS deliveries, from TB and others, I almost always change delivery, through UPS website, to a UPS collection point conveniently close to home or work. This helps avoids any question of will anyone be at home or whether it is safe to leave it unattended. The delivery to a UPS collection points is even occasionally a day quicker than home delivery.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesomepants View Post
    The confirmation emails I get from UPS about my Tom Bihn packages always 'say signature required for package delivery', but my package was delivered this afternoon and the email from UPS says 'left at front door'. I'm a bit concerned as my flight home was delayed until tomorrow due to the weather. I'm hoping nobody steals it or it doesn't get soaked in the rain. Has anyone else had this issue with UPS or are signatures not really required?
    I hope your order arrived okay! If anything is up with it, please emailus@tombihn.com

Just for the record, we only mark shipments as "signature required" when specially requested. Not sure why your confirmation email said otherwise, @Awesomepants

Requiring a signature is a UPS service that can cost between $5 - $15 and, in our experience, most folks find it more annoying than helpful especially now that more delivery options are available if one uses UPS MyChoice or the collection points.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Signature required for UPS delivery?

UPS is getting out of hand. They left my TB box outside my office building at 6:33 pm according to their tracking. Received by REL 61T - whoever that is. Then says “Left at: front door.”

First of all, no one received the box.

Second, the building is obviously an office building. There is a sign on the door that says hours are Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm.

I returned to the office - and my box was outside the door. Big sigh of relief.

USPS also left my box of ink on top of the mailbox outside the gate of my building. The box would have gone easily inside my mailbox. Their notification said they delivered it to my front door.

Here is what were in the box: Yeoman L verde + small Q-kit burnt orange - my first ballistic burnt orange. I had a mini- Q-kit in ballistic verde, and been wanting a bag in of this material and color. Happy dance!

Last edited by Walker; 02-01-2019 at 05:57 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darcy and Tom Bihn: thank you for allowing UPS MyChoice and delivering to UPS locations on your packages. I use it all the time! Some shippers restrict this option and it drives me nuts.
    TB Stuff: Cadet (steel/iberian), Pilot (verde/steel), Synapse 19 (Black/Wasabi), Synapse 25 (New Nordic/NW Sky), Swift (Aubergine/NW Sky), Makers Bag (Black/Steel), Aeronaut 30 (Black/Zest), Aeronaut 45 (Black/Ultraviolet).

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by featherwitch View Post
    Darcy and Tom Bihn: thank you for allowing UPS MyChoice and delivering to UPS locations on your packages. I use it all the time! Some shippers restrict this option and it drives me nuts.
    Is that a possible restriction from the shipper? If so, I learn something new.

But anyway I totally agree UPS My Choice and selection of UPS pick up locations is easy to manage and my preferred secure and hassle free delivery option. Maybe I have been lucky and never done business with a shipper who has applied such a restriction.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadD View Post
    Is that a possible restriction from the shipper? If so, I learn something new.
    Yup, Costco restricts this option for sure. I've been really tempted to get a box at the UPS Store, but for now, most Amazon packages can go to the lockers, companies that ship various/unknown/local carriers go to work, and everything else either goes home if it will fit in the neighborhood USPS package locker, or diverted to Fedex or UPS pickup locations. Eventually, I think I am going to have to go with a box at the UPS Store. They already know my name when I walk in the door!

Edited to add: or, a package locker that sits on our porch that can be bolted to the house or concrete.
    Last edited by featherwitch; 02-02-2019 at 11:59 PM.
    TB Stuff: Cadet (steel/iberian), Pilot (verde/steel), Synapse 19 (Black/Wasabi), Synapse 25 (New Nordic/NW Sky), Swift (Aubergine/NW Sky), Makers Bag (Black/Steel), Aeronaut 30 (Black/Zest), Aeronaut 45 (Black/Ultraviolet).