Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water bottle recommendation?

I'm looking for a tiny, reusable, uninsulated water bottle. I already have a Pod insulated bottle that holds 6.7 ounces, that I got after a discussion on this forum and its great. But I'd like something smaller and lighter (preferably a Lexan or other hard plastic) and holding no more than 8 ounces. I'd like to be able to slip it into a small purse, so thinner and somewhat taller is better than short and squat.

I'm guessing I will likely have to look at bottles targeted towards toddlers, as adult bottles always seem to be 16 ounces plus.

Any leads on vendors of small bottles?
    Getting to the point with too many bags to list them all. Current daily carry is a PickUp Truck and Everyday Cubelet. Love all my shop bags, ghost whales, cubelets. Hoping to travel again soon to use my A30 and co-pilot.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want it around 8oz and thin, I guess you could always go with a more 'adult' approach:

(random google image)

Big Grin

Seriously though, I haven't tried them, but I have seen Memobottles recommended, you might want to check their options as they sound like pretty much what you're asking for. Flat, non-insulated, plastic:

https://www.amazon.com/stores/node/1...eb_12706723011

Minneapolis, MN
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Vapur foldable water bottle that's good for travel.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nalgene does make 8oz bottles, but they don't market them as water bottles.

https://www.rei.com/product/402054/n...bottle-8-fl-oz

These are made from the same plastic as the larger Nalgene HDPE bottles, but are softer and a little bit squeezable compared to the Tritan (Eastman's successor to Lexan).

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazon sells a 16-ounce Nalgene bottle (surprisingly tiny), as well as a Nalgene Kids OTF 12-ounce bottle. I have both sizes and they fit in the SK.

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was in college, we bought some plastic flasks for Mardi Gras at Walgreens or something. They were bigger than the usual flask, but similar thin profile. They were only about $1 each, too.

The collapsible bottles are nice since they only take up space when you are using them. Vapur tastes the best, but they wear quickly and leak. I use a Hydrapak Stow 500ml in my bag now, not as tasty but more reliable.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar question a while back because I wanted a water bottle for my Side Kick. I debated the Zojirushi 200ml insulated bottle vs Tiger 200 ml insulated bottle.

In the end I got the budget option, the Nalgene leak-proof wide mouth 8oz bottle. I believe this is the line @carrot mentioned above, they're not sold as water bottles specifically, more like toiletry bottles (they go down to 1 ounce). But it is food safe, leak proof, and fits well in a Side Kick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar question a while back because I wanted a water bottle for my Side Kick. I debated the Zojirushi 200ml insulated bottle vs Tiger 200 ml insulated bottle.
    I remember that discussion- I really liked the Tiger ones but thought the price was rather high for what you get. Until your post, I had no idea I could get an insulated bottle that small. I wound up getting a Grunwerg Drinkpod, as they were significantly cheaper. I really like it when I want just enough coffee/tea to go with a snack. Small and portable.
    Getting to the point with too many bags to list them all. Current daily carry is a PickUp Truck and Everyday Cubelet. Love all my shop bags, ghost whales, cubelets. Hoping to travel again soon to use my A30 and co-pilot.

Forum Member
    New England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seconding @Carrot's plain Nalgene suggestion. My family and I used those for years before Nalgene came out with their 32 oz ones. My mother still uses one.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use these:

Nalgene Lexan Square Storage Bottle (8-Ounce) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VKYMGW..._QysuCbD3KJ6B0

They are hard, clear plastic, listed as BPA free, and have held up better than the squishy kind fir everyday, bump around use. They are also leakproof. I think if one cracked you would see it first.

Another advantage is that they are lightweight, both filled and empty. I can dump it before TSA and then easily refill it on the other side.