Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you joggers/runners hold your gear?

I'm in the hunt for a method to carry my stuff when I am jogging (keys, large smartphone, wallet)

I happen to see on the product page of the Side Effect of a man wearing it around his waist as he is running. Can any forum member offer insights on what methods they use to carry their possessions when they are out for a jog or run? Armbands, belts, hold in your hands? I would appreciate any thoughts on this! Ideas, thoughts, etc are all appreciated.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swirlyeyedsamurai View Post
    I'm in the hunt for a method to carry my stuff when I am jogging (keys, large smartphone, wallet)

I happen to see on the product page of the Side Effect of a man wearing it around his waist as he is running. Can any forum member offer insights on what methods they use to carry their possessions when they are out for a jog or run? Armbands, belts, hold in your hands? I would appreciate any thoughts on this! Ideas, thoughts, etc are all appreciated.
    Welcome! While I don't run anymore, I do use the Side Kick with the Padded Hip Belt for vigorous walks. The regular waist strap digs into my hips, but I am carrying a small water bottle and first aid kit plus wallet/keys/phone.

When I did run, I carried a 10L running backpack. I usually started out with all my layers on then chucked them in the bag as I neared the end.

If it's really cold I will take a packable sling shopping bag and then I can put my insulating layer in there after I get too warm.

Hope this helps! Definitely recommend a padded hip belt if you're going to go with a waist pack.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For neighborhood running, I use a Spibelt on my waist to hold my large phone and house key. It is great because it sits snug against your middle and doesnít bounce. It could If you are running someplace that requires that you carry a lot more stuff, you might need to size up to another bag of some sort. The spibelt is nice and stretchy and can hold a good bit, but if it is too heavy or bulky with stuff, it will bounce from the weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Donít make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, donít hesitate to make it beautiful. ó Shaker Philosophy

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for the spibelt

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always try to run without any purse or belt and carry just my keys and my id in the pockets of my shorts or jacket. I typically run 7 or 8 miles three times a week. However, in summer or for longer runs when I need water I use the Osprey Duro Solo Belt which also has a small pocket for a phone, keys or energy bars. Before I got the Osprey Belt I did use the Side Effect with the Gatekeeper Waist Strap for that purpose and put a small water bottle inside. That works fine but I consider the dedicated running belt being more comfortable. But if you need a running purse only occasionally a SE is definitely worth considering as you can also use it for a couple of other things while my running belt collects dust most time of the year.
    Last edited by bartleby; 02-09-2019 at 08:51 AM.
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put my keys in my back pocket and the cell phone in a leather belt holster on my side. Been doing it this way for MANY years. I carry a small half liter water bottle and do the same in all four seasons here in Denver, and elsewhere. Was out yesterday in the snow and ice and did the same thing. Keep it simple.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Climb14er View Post
    I put my keys in my back pocket and the cell phone in a leather belt holster on my side.
    Back pocket? Would you mind linking the type of pants or shorts you wear running?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried this: https://koalaclip.com
    For shorter runs when you dont need to carry hydration the Koala clip sports bra with a phone pocket works very well! A key fits fine too.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah_atx View Post
    Back pocket? Would you mind linking the type of pants or shorts you wear running?
    I wear Railrider Adventure pants on the cool and cold weather days with two zipper back pockets and front pockets and Columbia running shorts with a zipper back pocket for the warm and hot weather.