Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Charging cable for iPhone 5S

Bihnions are very tech savvy. Can you recommend a charging cable for an iPhone 5S, please?

I just bought a new car, and it has a charging port and Apply Play. I really don't want to keep moving my only cable around, so I thought a spare would be good to have. I've read reviews online, and even the best ones seem to have horribly negative reviews as well as glowing reviews. What would you recommend?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I find the Apple ones most reliable. I use several of the third party cables for the kid’s tablets, because they’re rough on them so it’s cheaper to replace. But they’ve all been hit or miss, whereas the Apple ones have been flawless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minneapolis
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For third-party cables, I have had really good luck so far with Monoprice. I have some of their reinforced micro-USB cables for use in my car and while traveling (my charging at home is wireless). I like the reinforced ones for the car, as those seem to get beat up for some reason.
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.” ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Anker cables and I find them to be more durable than Apple cables.

https://www.anker.com/products/110/cables

I have the 6ft premium double-braided cables (in red, silver, and black). They have a flexible exterior that is more resistant to wear. I can't speak to the difference between the Powerline+ II that comes in the case and the regular nylon braided ones but Anker is such a good brand you can't go wrong either way.

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use an Amazon Basic cable in the car. I like that they have an option for a short cable so I don’t have wires hanging around my gear shift.
    Last edited by Traveltech; 02-12-2019 at 10:54 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d also recommend Anker. The more durable the line, the thicker and less flexible the cables tend to be, but that shouldn’t be much of an issue in the car.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your recommendations!

A fellow Bihnion has offered me their spare Apple charger, so I'll use it first. But I'm saving all your recommendations in case I need more cables.

THANKS!!! This really is a great community.

Forum Member
    France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another recommendation for Anker cables.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kathryn View Post
    For third-party cables, I have had really good luck so far with Monoprice. I have some of their reinforced micro-USB cables for use in my car and while traveling (my charging at home is wireless). I like the reinforced ones for the car, as those seem to get beat up for some reason.
    Monoprice is great. The genuine Apple cables always kept fraying at the end, so I got the Monoprice cable with braided nylon jacket, which I think is what you mean by "reinforced ones." They have lasted a lot longer than the Apple ones.

Minneapolis
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dchang0 View Post
    I got the Monoprice cable with braided nylon jacket, which I think is what you mean by "reinforced ones."
    Yes! I couldn't remember what they were called. Charging cable for iPhone 5S

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.” ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette