Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Forum Member
    France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. What bag/accessories are you carrying (items + colors, pics always welcome)?
    a non-TB bag and a big O-ring for :
    + key-strap for keys
    + pocket for glasses napkin
    + luggage tag for public transport pass
    + small pouch for light make up carry + mirror
    + Viridian cubelet for minimalist carry
    (photo later)

2. What are you reading?
    Have a Fred Varga's to read

3. What are you playing or watching (movies, theatre, video games, etc.)?
    HTTYD : last opus of the saga two days ago

4. What are you listening to?
    Alan Walker, 21 thousand pilots and a lot of handpan songs

5. What are you cooking/baking/drinking?
    Failed chocolate x,D and miso like soups

6. What are you making/creating/doing?
    Backlog of drawings and personal project tasks is waiting for me...

7. Where have you gone lately? -or- What travel destinations are on the horizon for you?
    To Jura in April (between France and schwitzerland) visiting friends

Bonus question:
    In the grand tradition of NPR's Pop Culture Happy Hour: What's giving you life/making you happy this year?

some love I guess
    Last edited by Rei; 02-15-2019 at 08:10 AM.
    just a Bihnion here

Phoenix
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deep Blue/Dawn Brain Bag/Mars/CloudDaylight Packpack/ (TBD)PCSBs & Non-Bihn bag with packing cubes. Work EDC is a Kata DR467/Clinique Bonus Time bags

2. What are you reading?
    "Lords of the Realm" (about the dysfunctional history of baseball ownership) by Tom Helyar

Always hockey in the winter.

"Walkaway" (audiobook) by Cory Doctorow

Working my way currently through "The Lotus and the Artichoke - Ethiopia" by Justin P. Moore

Too much promo for a new album coming out in three weeks (I'm a wreck)

7. Where have you gone lately? -or- What travel destinations are on the horizon for you?
    Visiting Vegas regularly, about to go to the west coast for a week in April, the east coast for two weeks in May and Europe for two weeks in June

Bonus question: In the grand tradition of NPR's Pop Culture Happy Hour: What's giving you life/making you happy this year?
    Always kitties! The one on the left is a new addition.
    What Are You Carrying? Wintery Mix Edition (02/2019)-kitties-jpg

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love everything about this picture. You and dorayme are the only ones I've ever seen with a UV S19! Wish I had been around for that! Also loving the Azalea (Little?) Swift and the Cork mini OP!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    I love everything about this picture. You and dorayme are the only ones I've ever seen with a UV S19! Wish I had been around for that! Also loving the Azalea (Little?) Swift and the Cork mini OP!
    Thanks! Yes, its a Little Swift. These items are some of my very favorite ones in my collection. They make me happy just looking at them. Would love a return of Azalea and Synapses in 200d halcyon colors. I also wish I had found Tom Bihn sooner.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    * Co-Pilot - My EDC purse with 2 Q-kits and a double zip pouch
    What Are You Carrying? Wintery Mix Edition (02/2019)-copilot-jpg
    * Makers Bag - For all my knitting things and portable projects. I've got a little leather pouch I got at a craft fair in it.
    What Are You Carrying? Wintery Mix Edition (02/2019)-makersbag-jpg
    * Synapse 25 - Along with 2 TB Packing Cubes, 1 Small Travel Tray, and size 3 Stuff Sack. This is my work/travel kit so it depends on my needs.
    What Are You Carrying? Wintery Mix Edition (02/2019)-synapse25-jpg

--My doggos - one of them totally doesn't care, and the other is confused about what I'm doing.... LOL

2. What are you reading?
    * Atomic Habits - Improvement
    * Forgotten Beasts of Eld - Fun (love this book)
    * Sirens Lament (webcomic) - Pretty Art!

* Zelda with daughter
    * Betrayal at House on the Hill (Legacy version) - My game group LOVES this one!
    * Going to see Into the Spiderverse tomorrow with husband and daughter
    * Good Omens - May 31st (can't wait for this!!!)

* Handpan music in the background while I work

* Drinking Passionfruit LaCroix

* Knitting Waiting For Rain Shawl
    * Swimming with daughter regularly

* Springfield, Missouri for work
    * Cancun, Possibly - for work
    * Essen, Germany for fun! (Essen spiel!!)

Bonus question:
    In the grand tradition of NPR's Pop Culture Happy Hour: What's giving you life/making you happy this year?
    * Family, Friends, Large hot tubs
    Last edited by cinnamonknits; 02-15-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamonknits View Post

2. What are you reading?
    * Atomic Habits - Improvement
    * Forgotten Beasts of Eld - Fun (love this book)
    * Sirens Lament (webcomic) - Pretty Art!
    I love Patricia McKillip - I think I've read everything she's ever written... and I'm just starting Atomic Habits
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too!

Forum Member
    Oregon
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I'll play too...
    a non-TB leather purse with TB bags inside. Love my new island cubelet, the perfect convenient size for misc. purse things. may have to pick up an aubergine cubelet, my fav color.
    2. What are you reading?
    another librarian here. just finished Naomi Alderman's The Power, awesome feminist dystopian novel. rather thought provoking.
    am now reading Lakey's Viking Economics: How the Scandinavians Got It Right-and How We Can, Too and binge reading Benedict Jacka's Alex Verus fantasy series, total fantasy escapism fun.
    too busy reading I guess.
    moody lovely Scandi indie folk music by Agnes Obel (thanks for that Icelandic Olaf Arnalds link somewhere else on the forums, Matthew, (at least I think it was you), that was a fun rabbit hole to chase down listening to),
    & a podcast a librarian colleague recommended, The Dream, about pyramid schemes, get rich quick schemes, & MLMs, multi-level marketing. interesting stuff.
    all the coffee, but at night when that would be unwise, Portland tea company Townshend's tasty decaf Highland chai.
    usually heading to the Oregon coast with the doodle dog.
    Joshua Tree a few weeks ago, so sunny & dry & beautiful. very quiet due to the gov't shutdown too, which was both good and bad considering they need the entrance fees.
    trip to Bend, OR is next.

Bonus question:
    dog + nature = joy.
    What Are You Carrying? Wintery Mix Edition (02/2019)-img_3233-jpeg

Digital Nomad
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. When traveling, I've been mostly bag-rocking the Aeronaut 30. I like it because it says, "hey, hey man, that laptop. Do you need that? Cuz, maybe you don't." And if I can detach from work, a trip is always better. When I can't detach from work, I bring along a Pilot. For daily carry, I actually use a non-TB bag. I know, I know. But it's a good one and is made in San Francisco.
    2. Have you been reading Coyote America by Dan Flores? Because I have. It's everything you never knew about the American coyote; how it survived adversity and non-stop extermination efforts, its folklore in native culture, all that. Did you know many native Americans had coyotes central to their creation myths and that coyotes will dynamically adjust their litter sizes based on population levels? I did, because I've been reading that book.
    3. I also recently read Marie Kondo's The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, along with watched her Netflix show. I had heard Judge John Hodgman name-dropping her now for a few years, and once her Netflix show went viral, I was like, "hey, that's the woman Hodgman sings the praises of." I've also been watching Russian Doll on Netflix, which is just, it's good. Watch it. Do it. It sparks joy.
    4. I've been listening to The Shakey Graves and Foxygen a lot lately.
    5. For cooking and baking, I did a month of low-carb living with my wife. I've been working on an eggs denedict recipe to surprise her with where the English muffins are replaced with cauliflower cakes.
    6. Most recent long-haul travel destination was Italy, but I've up to Michigan lately, which was challenging because since I've been hanging out in Mexico, I don't have much cold weather clothes. That was... that was challenging.

Since travel makes me happy, I'll leave you with a picture of Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico, where I've been "living" (sort of, on and off) for the past year or so.

What Are You Carrying? Wintery Mix Edition (02/2019)-img_20190203_164349-jpg
    Last edited by bouncing; 02-16-2019 at 07:26 PM.

Digital Nomad
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by svea View Post
    Ok I'll play too...
    a podcast a librarian colleague recommended, The Dream, about pyramid schemes, get rich quick schemes, & MLMs, multi-level marketing. interesting stuff.
    Looks interesting, I'll check it out. Thanks for the recommendation.

Cute dog!

Forum Member
    France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    a non-TB bag and a big O-ring for :
    + key-strap for keys
    + pocket for glasses napkin
    + luggage tag for public transport pass
    + small pouch for light make up carry + mirror
    + Viridian cubelet for minimalist carry
    (photo later)

[...]
    the promised pictures

old setup

almost last setup,
    - switched the keys key-strap for a shorter one
    - and the black splited-o-ring key-strap with a skookum key-strap

The big O-ring (as the skookum key-strap) was kindly added to attach together the many key-straps I ordered, THANK YOU TB crew!
    Last edited by Rei; 02-17-2019 at 05:39 AM.
    just a Bihnion here

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My beloved S19 in deep blue/wasabi...with a full island MCB Freudian slip...a dawn cubelet full of various and sundry...an ultraviolet small op with headphones...

2. What are you reading?

Figuring by Maria Popova; Upstream by Mary Oliver; Nasty Bits by Anthony Bourdain; and a Vinyl Cafe collection.

Working lots of Lexicon and other word puzzles...love them. Doing lots of this with a friend...with whom I meet for tea...a lovely thing for two to do.

Black Violin; Pink Martini; Sara Thomsen; Carrie Newcomer; and lots of podcasts.

Have perfected lemon/cinnamon scones from scratch...love a tight and tidy process that yields goodness with minimal fuss. Also invented Winter Blue Light Lentil Soup that has been a big hit.

Essays and poetry for the blog; translations and brochures for work; PowerPoints for a friend...

Have been hitting local art galleries with a friend...

Bonus question:

A new friend who is pretty darn spectacular...and all the growth, challenge, and joy that comes with that.

Minneapolis
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by svea View Post
    a podcast a librarian colleague recommended, The Dream, about pyramid schemes, get rich quick schemes, & MLMs, multi-level marketing. interesting stuff.
    I just made it to episode 2--this is so great so far! Thanks for the recommendation
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares. ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

TB Crew (we work here) MatthewR's Avatar
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently I'm carrying a Burnt Orange Pilot with a couple of pins in it (I'm probably the last millenial to get into enamel pins) and a Coyote #2 Minimalist Wallet.

2. What are you reading?
    I'm reading through my copy of All We Ever Wanted: Stories of a Better World -- a compilation of optimistic future/sci-fi short comics.

I got God of War (AKA Dad of Boy) for my birthday and I played that through -- it 100% deserves the praise it received last year. My wife and I are also re-watching Game of Thrones in preparation for the final season.

I haven't been listening to really anything specific lately.

Two Beers down the way put out a good new hazy IPA with a great name: Praxis.

I made a New Year's resolution to start writing creatively again, so I've been doing some of that.

Nothing concrete right now.

I chose this question because like some of you my wife and I have had a rough go of it lately with both of us having family members dying within a week of one another and sometimes it's nice to focus on the good things. For me personally, its been watching the MCU movies with my wife. I originally watched them with friends/alone but after she watched Infinity War she wanted to go back and watch them all. It's been a great time since I've always been a Marvel Comics nerd!

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lia View Post
    Dude on YouTube talking about medieval knights and horsemanship.
    Now I've started watching that, and I'm really enjoying it! Thanks! I especially like the episodes on medieval food of different social classes (episodes 13-16).
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Oregon
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bouncing View Post
    Looks interesting, I'll check it out. Thanks for the recommendation.

Cute dog!
    haha, thanks, I scrolled down and read your reply right after I paced a hold on library e-audiobook of Coyote America!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast