Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Somewhere in the Hills
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought a GoPro + Accessories... Not sure what to do next...

I found a refurbished GoPro Hero Session 4 on Amazon, and I bought it. I also bought a couple MicroSDXC cards, as well as a separate aftermarket kit containing all sorts of funky attachment devices.

Problem: after I installed the card, I have no idea what to do next. I do not understand what all the attachments are for or how to use them. (There were no instructions) Where do I begin? How do I learn how to use the attachments with my GoPro? I have an iPad Mini and two (2) Android smartphones, as well as an iMac. How do I get these devices to interact (and playback) with the GoPro?

Here's the shipping box the GoPro came in:

I bought a GoPro + Accessories... Not sure what to do next...-img_20190223_182857369-jpg

And here's everything that was inside that box:

I bought a GoPro + Accessories... Not sure what to do next...-img_20190223_182753479_burst000_cover-jpg

Here's the bundle of accessories I bought off Amazon:

I bought a GoPro + Accessories... Not sure what to do next...-img_20190223_190855830_burst000_cover-jpg

Here's another view, closeup of the pouch:

I bought a GoPro + Accessories... Not sure what to do next...-img_20190223_183019834-jpg

I've removed everything from the pouch, and grouped the smilier items in their own closeup photos:

I bought a GoPro + Accessories... Not sure what to do next...-img_20190223_191001263-jpg

I bought a GoPro + Accessories... Not sure what to do next...-img_20190223_191504725-jpg
    Owner of: Brain Bag backpack (Black), Field Journal Notebook (Blue), Snake Charmer (Small, Orange), Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Forum Member
    Somewhere in the Hills
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another image from the accessories bundle:

I bought a GoPro + Accessories... Not sure what to do next...-img_20190223_191444090-jpg
    Owner of: Brain Bag backpack (Black), Field Journal Notebook (Blue), Snake Charmer (Small, Orange), Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A quick check of the Go-Pro site shows manuals that you can download for your make/model - probably a good place to start since your kit seems to be missing them!
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am guessing that most of those bits are to help you attach the camera to various items. Agree with G42 that downloading the manual is the best thing! I also find video reviews of gear to be useful as I can see a person holding or installing a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In your last photo at the top in the middle, those are thumb screws that hold most of the parts together. You can hand tighten them. They hold the bits of plastic together that are rounded and act like a hinge when on the screw. The two pronged plastic parts usually mate inside the three pronged ones.

The ones with the red on the bottom are usually adhesive and anything with a thin string on it is a safety in case adhesive or a suction cup falls off. The adhesive ones people usually attach to helmets.

It looks like you have two handgrips. One that doubles as a small tripod and the yellow one which I believe is intended to float.

The large suction cup one goes on windows and I believe it even sticks to dashboards if I recall. You clamp it down to get it to stick.

Some of the pieces I don’t recognize. The straps are usally meant to go around your chest or your wrist.

Hope that helps.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You definitely have endless attachment options.

As far as data transfer, you can use a standard size SD adapter to put directly into the iMac if you have a card slot, or use a USB adapter. For my Note 9 I use a microSD-->USB/C adapter directly to the phone and copy files over with the 'My Files' file explorer that comes stock with Android. The adapter I use is from a company called Uni; good Amazon reviews and works great. If your Android uses a microUSB for its port there are similar options.

To edit video/photos, GoPro has a decent app for iOS and Android that makes it pretty simple to create short videos. But I usually prefer to use a full video editing program. I'm not a Mac guy, but I hear iMovie is pretty solid and I'm sure there are plenty of other software options out there.