Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Booster seats for grown ups

Hi,

I'm only 4'11" and it's always a struggle to the movies or the theatre. Usually the tallest person or the person with the largest head sits right in front of me and all I can see if the back of their head or shoulders.

Has anyone ever come across inflatable booster seats that can hold an adult?

Do they exist? I feel that there is a market for this product if it doesn't.

Would be over the moon for a Tom Bihn one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the same for me (1,50m too), usually I throw my coat under my a** or pray that the person in front of me will be not too tall... *sob*
    just a Bihnion here

MA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most theaters around me have boosters available outside the theater.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muni_Jedi View Post
    Most theaters around me have boosters available outside the theater.
    Just wondering what you do if you are at a venue without booster seats. I've not been so lucky.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We found a great booster seat for travel for our kids which could probably be repurposed for your needs. It's an inflatable booster called the Bubble Bum. UK company but you can now get it on Amazon or directly from their site:

https://www.bubblebum.co/us/

(I'm also petite so I've used it myself as well, but honestly it's not the most comfortable for an adult to sit on for long periods. But for the length of a movie it might be fine.You can play with the level of inflation to improve comfort.)

There's also a booster designed for kids who are older but still need the height adjustment:

https://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-In.../dp/B00FLXBHIU

It looks like it has clips which you might be able to use as handles. Not inflatable but probably more comfy. I've not seen it in person. My guess is that it's heavier than the Bubble Bum.

The great thing about the Bubble Bum is that it squishes down to a very small size, which is nice for stashing in your bag. You can always throw your coat on top to make it softer. Best of luck finding something that works!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggy'sMom View Post
    Hi,

I'm only 4'11" and it's always a struggle to the movies or the theatre. Usually the tallest person or the person with the largest head sits right in front of me and all I can see if the back of their head or shoulders.

MA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wondering what you do if you are at a venue without booster seats. I've not been so lucky.

I'm 6' tall so booster seat or no I'm usually good unless a basketball or volleyball team sits in front of me.

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Im 4 11 too. The tallest person in a room sitting in front of the shortest person in the room is an unwritten law of the universe. 😂

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, also I try to show up early to movies to get a good seat, or sit in the aisle seat so I can lean out for a better view. I have also been known to bring my own stepstool to a parade route, or climb on top of a wall to see better (not in a theater, of course). But I'm sure you are already aware of those strategies!

The worst was when I was given a rental car that was totally the wrong size (a tall colleague had been the one to sign it out and I was returning it, otherwise I would normally request a compact). I had to steal a book from the hotel so that I could drive it safely!

Hi,

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for replying.

Being too short has been a lifelong issue for me but now I've really got to find a solution because I've just spent unfathomable $$ to see Elton John's farewell concert.

With the money spent I really don't want to see the back of someone and there will surely not be any booster seats at a stadium concert. I need something inflatable and something that will give me more than a few inches. I'm thinking 5" might do the trick. Plus I weigh significantly more than a child.

I recently came across this product. The shipping is more than the product which always bums me out.

https://www.boosterz.co.uk/

I saw the bubblebum product but it didn't look like it would give me enough of a boost.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe buy two Bubble Bums and duct-tape them together for more height? (Though nominally the seat is supposed to be about 4.5" high when inflated, which is close to your desired boost.) Then, after the concert you can keep one in your car and one at home. They don't have a maximum weight limit - the site says it is made with the same materials and tech as life rafts. It's not squishy like a plastic pool toy, it's got memory foam so even when deflated it meets safety standards. It looks like Target sells the BB so you could go to a store if you've one near you and check it out. I've used it myself on occasion and I also weigh quite a bit more than a child.

(NB. I'm not related to Bubble Bum, we just have found their product very practical and versatile!)

Another option - we also used this booster when my kids were little. It's bulky but not super-heavy, and it comes with its own bag with a handle. You could try turning it upside down and sitting on the flat part. It's made from very dense foam so it can't deflate.

Cooshie Boster
    Last edited by haraya; 06-24-2019 at 07:18 AM.

Forum Member
    Austin, TX
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a concert... you might want to try to find something you can safely stand on, too, in case everyone stands up for the best songs. This might not be tall enough for you.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooh - out of the box thinking - what if you brought a small yoga ball and left it only partially inflated? Then it would sit on your seat and you could sit on it for extra height. (You could bring a small hand pump.)

For standing - we have multiples of this folding stepstool around the house. Won't work on a stadium seat, but if everyone stands up you can get a little extra height. Small enough to fit in a backpack (like a Smart Alec or PCBP... maybe a DLBP.)

Kikkerland folding stool

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    Maybe buy two Bubble Bums and duct-tape them together for more height? (Though nominally the seat is supposed to be about 4.5" high when inflated, which is close to your desired boost.) Then, after the concert you can keep one in your car and one at home. They don't have a maximum weight limit - the site says it is made with the same materials and tech as life rafts. It's not squishy like a plastic pool toy, it's got memory foam so even when deflated it meets safety standards. It looks like Target sells the BB so you could go to a store if you've one near you and check it out. I've used it myself on occasion and I also weigh quite a bit more than a child.

(NB. I'm not related to Bubble Bum, we just have found their product very practical and versatile!)

Another option - we also used this booster when my kids were little. It's bulky but not super-heavy, and it comes with its own bag with a handle. You could try turning it upside down and sitting on the flat part. It's made from very dense foam so it can't deflate.

Cooshie Boster
    Thanks- I just texted the bubble bum company to ask if there was a maximum weight limit but they only said that it should be okay for up to 44kg outside of a car.

I haven't seen 44kg since in high school. Booster seats for grown ups

I'm a good 55kg now. Booster seats for grown ups

Thanks for the tip re Target. When I'm next there I'll pop in and see for myself.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in that range too. :O I really wouldn't worry, it's not going to pop. It's made of substantial materials in multiple layers. I would have to take a sharp object and work hard to puncture it - even if I jumped on it I'm pretty sure it would not deflate.

Thanks- I just texted the bubble bum company to ask if there was a maximum weight limit but they only said that it should be okay for up to 44kg outside of a car.

I haven't seen 44kg since in high school. Booster seats for grown ups

I'm a good 55kg now. Booster seats for grown ups

Thanks for the tip re Target. When I'm next there I'll pop in and see for myself.