Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Podcasts?

Forum Member
    Sweden
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Podcasts?

Hi, best podcasts for travelling?

Second: best podcasts for kids?

Thank you, hive mind.

Digital Nomad
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My faves: Judge John Hodgman, Planet Money, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, and Stuff You Missed In History Class.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably not what you're looking for, but the only podcasts I have on my phone are these from 7 years ago:

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/...301995063?mt=2

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ejvc View Post
    Hi, best podcasts for travelling?
    like... about travel? or for listening to while traveling?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally like the Travel Stories podcast and the Indie Travel podcast

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Sweden
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking, to listen to while I'm travelling (Germany and Switzerland) this summer... And to plug my kids into. We'll be on trains many hours...

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Red Panda Adventures (probably not for your kids, but for you.) It's an old-fashioned radio drama about a Canadian superhero the Red Panda and sidekick the Flying Squirrel. They mostly fight crooks, with the occasional mad scientist or Nazi. There was one episode very late in the show that had a level of violence I found uncomfortable, but aside from that I thought it was a lot of fun.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ejvc View Post
    I was thinking, to listen to while I'm travelling (Germany and Switzerland) this summer... And to plug my kids into. We'll be on trains many hours...
    Well if you're looking for something that your kids can listen to, There are some podcasts that do old radio show style podcasts like the war of the world's type thing that is really great for Long haul trips because each podcast is like an hour of a book. I don't have any that I specifically look into but that's what I would be looking for or searching is something that's like a storytelling podcast.

It really depends on what you're into is to what I would personally recommend. I mean I'm into a lot of outdoor activities, travel gear and stories, and I do a lot of leadership and religious podcast personally. But I mean it really depends on what you are interested in because there's so much out there. Everyone seems to have a podcast at this point comedians inspirational speakers Joe down the road. Try looking up some people that you like like some comedians or authors or speakers that you've heard that you enjoy chances are good some of them have podcasts.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    New England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For an adult, check out 99% Invisible, The Allusionist, Myths and Legends, The Memory Palace, Silk Road Stories (your kiddos might like some of these), Stuff You Missed in History Class, Gastropod, A Short History of Japan, Mystery Hour, Snap Judgement.

My friend's son liked audiobooks for long trips.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will second twosandalz on the suggestion of Gastropod. It's about food and cooking, but they often delve into the science and history of particular foods. Don't go here for recipes, but knowledge.

Digital Nomad
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    99% Invisible is a good one.

Forum Member
    Sweden
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all! Many interesting suggestions, all new to me! My kids do have audiobooks but my youngest especially loves science and nature specials. Unfortunately there's no central source called "Podcasts for kids who love David Attenborough".

Forum Member
    New England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.brainson.org/. I haven't listened to it but it was just recommended to me.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Re: Podcasts, the one suggestion I give everyone who asks is to download the Overcast app. It's free and I find that the smart speed options and organization is far better than the default Apple podcast app. I listen at ~2x speed and it's fantastic. The suggested podcast categories in the Overcast app are also very helpful for discovery.

My favorite general interest podcasts are probably Freakonomics, Planet Money, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, 99% Invisible, How I built This, Serial (old episodes), Planet Money, How to Do Everything (archive only)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hardcore History is amazing, specially during long flights.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast