Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: Doggie Bat Toy

Forum Member
    Lowcountry
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doggie Bat Toy

Is there any chance of ever making another batch of the stuffed bat for dogs? It is so hard to find a durable stuffed toy,

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doggie Bat Toy

Not sure if they make a bat but the Tuffy brand dog toys are virtually indestructible. Our dog loves to disembowel stuffed toys but the two Tuffys that we have are still going strong after several years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://mydogtoy.com/tuffy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Lowcountry
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your response. I will look through this website.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phayes47 View Post
    Is there any chance of ever making another batch of the stuffed bat for dogs? It is so hard to find a durable stuffed toy,
    No chance. Someday, though, we'll do a blog post featuring all of our other stuffed toy prototypes that never made it to production -- there was a sloth, a Roarshach, armadillo, and sheep amongst others.

These two companies make our favorite dog toys. The Cycle Dog tug toys are great -- they stand up to many games of tug.

Cycle Dog
    Recycled durable toys made in Portland, OR

West Paw
    Wide variety of frisbees, soft toys, and other stuff made in Montana
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Colorado Springs
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our bat is on its second generation of choc labradors from Safe Harbor Lab Rescue. The puppy de-squeakered it and tore off the TB tag. So we had to tie the bat into a knot—it remains a favorite.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our GSD (who ends up finding some seam she can take apart on every stuffed toy in a couple of weeks) has had the bat for a couple of years now without any issues - still looks like new.

That said, I can imagine that this is not an easy piece to put together well and is undoubtedly quite expensive to make.
    When in trouble, obfuscate.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ceb View Post
    Our GSD (who ends up finding some seam she can take apart on every stuffed toy in a couple of weeks) has had the bat for a couple of years now without any issues - still looks like new.

That said, I can imagine that this is not an easy piece to put together well and is undoubtedly quite expensive to make.
    I didn't have time to post a reply at the time Darcy gave her response:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    No chance. Someday, though, we'll do a blog post featuring all of our other stuffed toy prototypes that never made it to production -- there was a sloth, a Roarshach, armadillo, and sheep amongst others.
    … but if you go to the middle of the Tom Bihn Forum Pets thread, and scroll down to Darcy's two posts starting with the discussions about fostering kittens (#277 and #282), you'll see some pictures of the sheep prototype that she mentioned above.

I'll excerpt some of the relevant pictures and text (but you should follow the link to read the more extensive discussions and pictures there -- besides, there's a great picture of @Pokilani's Gracie with the bat at the top of that linked page).

Our foster kittens came to work today!

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @Darcy,

I was trying to identify the toy in back of the last kitten picture (where the pen for the Sketchbook is in front of the kitten).
    That toy is actually the very first Skookum Dog stuffed toy ever made: it is (or was!) a sheep. Various dogs tested it for us, and then it finally lost the remainder of its stuffing when Fiona discovered one day at the factory.

Attached is a photo of Ichiro testing it way back when:

HTH

moriond