Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeti or Hydro Flask?

Anyone have a thought on one over another between these two? Am looking at either the 16 oz. coffee-lid Hydro Flask or the 18 Oz. Rambler from Yeti. I get the lid difference...just wondering product/durability/functionality differences to note.

Thanks for any help!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Hydro Flasks and Yetis. We like the Yetis better. There is a seam in the Hydro Flasks in the internal wall that I'm just not found of.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to be a fan of Hydroflask, but have now switched to Klean Kanteen - mainly for their no-leal cafe cap. The new KK flasks look very nice and the cafe caps have a loop to make it easier to pull it out of a bag.
    When in trouble, obfuscate.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Between the two, I prefer the Hydro Flask. While I still keep it, I use my Zojirushi now more often. Perhaps not as durable, but pretty impressed with how it keeps the liquid hot for a long time.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the feedback!! Much appreciated!

Forum Member
    Asheville, NC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You didn't ask, but I love the SWELL bottles better than them all.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chinalake View Post
    You didn't ask, but I love the SWELL bottles better than them all.
    Nice design but I don't think they have a coffee cap and they're not that great at keeping coffee hot.

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeti now sells a 12oz Rambler bottle that comes with a HotShot lid, which is the equivalent to the Klean Kanteen Cafe Cap I guess. The website describes it as follows: "Itís topped with a unique, 360-drinking, 100% leakproof HotShot Cap that lives up to its name by letting you sip from any side while locking in piping-hot temperatures for hours on end.". The lid is also available separately if the 12oz bottle is too small for your needs.
    Having tried both the Klean Kanteen and Yeti drink through lids, I much prefer the Yeti Hotshot Cap. I also find the Yetis much nicer to drink out of when the lid is removed and they're so easy to clean because the bottle has no 'shoulder'.
    Last edited by ceepee; 06-12-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    Yeti now sells a 12oz Rambler bottle that comes with a HotShot lid, which is the equivalent to the Klean Kanteen Cafe Cap I guess. The website describes it as follows: "It’s topped with a unique, 360-drinking, 100% leakproof HotShot Cap that lives up to its name by letting you sip from any side while locking in piping-hot temperatures for hours on end.". The lid is also available separately if the 12oz bottle is too small for your needs.
    Having tried both the Klean Kanteen and Yeti drink through lids, I much prefer the Yeti Hotshot Cap. I also find the Yetis much nicer to drink out of when the lid is removed and they're so easy to clean because the bottle has no 'shoulder'.
    Interesting. I may have to try one. Some reports have your nose bumping into the top while drinking. Any idea how tall the 12 oz is without the lid? All measurements are with the lid but that doesn't tell me if it will fit under my Keurig coffee maker.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ceb Yes, my nose does touch the raised bit in the middle of the lid, but it's not an issue for me. I can see that it could very much depend on the nose though.
    The height of the bottle without lid is approx. 14.5 cm (maybe a mm or 2 less rather than more). Hope that helps.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some of the Yeti mugs and they are excellent but I haven't tried a Rambler yet. I just looked on their website and the 12oz Rambler with Hotshot looks really nice.

I own a few Hydroflask products and I am happy with them. I have a perfectly adequate Hydroflask 12oz Coffee Flask which I use every single day. It is just the right size and shape to fit in the side pocket of my S19. I did notice, however, that the 12oz Hotshot Rambler has a listed weight of 14.6oz and the 12oz Coffee Flask is listed as weighing 8oz, which is a big difference.

Not that you asked, but I think that between Hydroflask and Klean Kanteen, Klean Kanteen makes a better product. The interiors are finished smoother and rounder, making them easier to scrub clean, the caps are better made, and when I've compared side-by-side, they seem to stay colder/hotter longer, too. Klean Kanteen's new TKWide looks very promising, and when I'm ready to replace my Coffee Flask I expect to be looking at these first.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The comparative weight of Yeti bottles is definitely one of the downsides The other issue for me, living in the UK, is that I only seem able to get the genuine article directly from Yeti in the US.
    Last edited by ceepee; 06-13-2019 at 11:11 AM.

Georgia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KmK View Post
    Anyone have a thought on one over another between these two? Am looking at either the 16 oz. coffee-lid Hydro Flask or the 18 Oz. Rambler from Yeti. I get the lid difference...just wondering product/durability/functionality differences to note.

Thanks for any help!
    Iíve owned both the Hydro Flask and the Yeti and Iím partial to the Yeti. I currently have a 30 oz mug and a 18 oz Rambler and I travel with both. The Rambler fits great in my L12, Swift, Little Swift, DLBP and Smart Alec. Not saying that the Hydro Flask doesnít but Iíve had some problems in the past with it keeping my cold drinks cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dream."

LCB in Navy/Cayenne; MCB in Nordic/Wasabi; SSB in UV & Black Halcyon; LSB in Island Halcyon; Swift in Black/Steel; LS in Aubergine/Island; SE in Original Halcyon/Wasabi & Nordic Halcyon/UV; Pilot in Black/Wasabi; FJN in Grey & Navy; PCSB in Black Halcyon; TT in Monarch, Sitka, UV, Island, Wasabi & Black, L12: Nebulous Gray/Island and PT in Deep Blue.