Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: Packable Shoes

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Packable Shoes

This may be an odd questions but I am looking for a pair of packable shoes to go to the gym or just provide a more casual option.

I am looking at the allbirds or suavas. Has anyone had any experience or a better option?

Thanks

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what itís worth, I would consider the all birds as decent walking shoes, but would not consider them as a regular gym shoe. They just donít offer enough support...
    A45 - Black Halcyon/NWS MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! TC - Viridian/Dawn TT - UV/Sitka/Monarch

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a LCB or MCB in original Nordic. Okay fine, anything in original NORDIC.

Forum Member
    Port Angeles, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recent bought a pair of allbirds ballet flats. I really like them for walking.
    Since these are the ballet flats, I donít think they would do well as a gym shoe. I can say my experience buying them was nice and their standard shipping was quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Boise, Idaho
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lemsshoes.com

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the mountains
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an older pair of Merrell ďbarefootĒ running shoes (similar to these Womenís Vapor Glove styles: https://www.merrell.com/US/en/barefoot-1/) that take up very little space and have been great for both trails and treadmills (when Iím stuck at the hotel on work trips). I also second the Xero Shoes recommendation. I have several pairs of their sandals, which are so easy to pack! And they have great runner/hiker options that offer a bit more cushion than the Merrells.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allbirds have a stiff heel cup that does not fold down. I don't think of them as packable, and they don't have enough support for the gym or walking. I like the idea of wool shoes and I have many wool clogs, but I find Allbirds don't have enough toe room and the tongue wrinkles up, and the heel cup is too stiff.

Alberta, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are made with a wider toe-box and a thin, minimalist sole and won't suit everyone, but Xeroshoes are definitely a packable option for footwear. I've travelled with both the Lena's (casual canvas shoes) and the Prio's (more of a running shoe) and really enjoyed how flat they packed in my bag.

Again, wide toe-box and barefoot design make them not suited for all feet.

Melbourne
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If youíre interested in barefoot shoes (which in my opinion are the peak of packability), my favourite brand is Vivo Barefoot.
    Pictured: as comfortable on the icy streets of Berlin as muddy dog walking in the Dandenongs

A friend got me interested in them when I was travelling in Germany - theyíre relatively well known there - and Iím hooked.
    The shape fits my feet perfectly (way better than Xero) and some of their styles look really cool (as a young person I feel I have some authority on that Packable Shoes).

If I needed a gym shoe this would be it:
    https://www.vivobarefoot.com/au/wome...s?colour=Black

Or for travelling I would pick this:
    https://www.vivobarefoot.com/au/wome...s?colour=Black

Of course, barefoot shoes take some getting used to and for some people theyíre not an option, but Iím a convert. Theyíve genuinely changed my lifestyle, both travelling and at home.

PS. In contrast, my German friend buys super cheap slip-ons from Kmart, Target and similar stores and just throws them out when she doesnít need them or canít afford the weight. Her travel style is very different to mine!

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For casual wear, I am a fan of a Seattle company, Luna sandals Award Winning Running and Outdoor Adventure Sandals - Made in USA . I have had their more minimalist mono sandals for several years, but I recently tried their more plush mono gordo winged edition sandals (isn't that a mouthful!), and while they are less packable, they sure are comfortable. For someone who has not converted to all barefoot style shoes, they are a great way to begin transitioning, and I find them comfortable for all day wear.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller