Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

best men's merino T-shirt?

so I am looking at getting a merino t or two and I am struggling with all the choices.

Unbound Merino ($$$)
    Icebreaker
    Woolly
    Kit and Ace (not merino but technical and they have nice colour options)

Any thoughts appreciated

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iíve been happy with Icebreaker and Smartwool. Note that those shirts are sometimes not 100% wool but are 87/13 so check the labels.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I highly recommend Outlier. Their 100% merino T-shirts are smoother, not itchy, and just beefier than Icebreaker's T-shirts.

https://shop.outlier.nyc/shop/retail...erino-tee.html

The T-shirts are a bit pricey, but definitely worth it.

Their pivot shirts are a very unique design, too, if you are looking for button downs. I'm not so fond of their items that do not have natural fibers, but their natural fiber clothing is great. Orders and returns are quick and easy.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 07-12-2019 at 06:19 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a great topic! I have had 100% wool shirts from Smartwool, Icebreaker, and Ibex, which has gone out of business. All of these are 100% wool.

As allanorn said, Smartwool recently changed their formula and added nylon. Not sure if this is a cost savings change for Smartwool or if it improves durability. All of my shirts have lasted far longer than any name brand athletic shirt...so much so that even a $100 wool shirt is less expensive than the modern fabric versions when looking at how long they last.

I even wear wool golf shirts now, and most of my longer winter pullovers are wool. Wool is superior to anything else I have ever tried and am hoping it continues to gain in popularity. It has grown slowly, and that might accelerate with the news about plastic micro beads from washing polyester becoming a topic of discussion.

I look forward to what others recommend and have to say about the blended material options and other lesser known brands with 100% wool offerings.
    Last edited by SKIMT; 07-12-2019 at 08:00 PM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently purchased merino t shirts from Outlier, Wool & Prince and Unbound Merino. They are all great. Outlier is the most luxurious but also the most expensive. Best bang for the buck is Unbound Merino, I love their hoodie. The button down shirts from Wool & Prince are beyond amazing. You can’t go wrong with any of these brands when it comes to travel clothes.