Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    York, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water Bottle thoughts

I have a collapsible water bottle with built in filter, which means I can drink any type of water anywhere. However, I can usually find places to fill up a bottle without using a filtered bottle, plus the fold up version annoys me as it stands up but falls over!.
    Iím looking for a new water bottle, I was tempted to buy a copper water bottle (in India), but didnít have the room in my Synapse 25 - It was stuffed full.
    Has anyone used/bought a copper water bottle or can recommend a water bottle that isnít too heavy.

TIA
    Jaffa
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Forum Member
    Santa Cruz, California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most lightweight metal water bottle I have come across is the Urban model by 24Bottles

https://www.24bottles.com/product-ca.../urban-bottle/

Hard to get in the USA, but easy to find in the UK and other European countries.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These days especially with the heat I would consider a vacuum insulated water bottle, although I don't always travel with one due to the size and weight.

The GSI MicroLite 500mL bottle is probably one of the lightest insulated bottles out on the market right now but there are also a number of Zojirushi bottles that might be worth investigating too.

Personally I usually use a Hydroflask or Klean Kanteen Classic Insulated when I do carry a bottle - I find the larger sizes (24oz, 32oz, 40oz) are excellent for carrying water with a lot of ice cubes.

Forum Member
    New England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure what your definition of heavy is, but I keep coming back to plain old plastic nalgene and camelbak ones.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recycled drinking water bottles are the lightest and cheapest option. The ones made for carbonated water are the toughest. Buy a bottle of unflavored seltzer and get a free bottle.

Vargo makes titanium bottles if you want a light metal bottle. Your wallet will be lighter too

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DWSeattle View Post
    Recycled drinking water bottles are the lightest and cheapest option. The ones made for carbonated water are the toughest. Buy a bottle of unflavored seltzer and get a free bottle.

Vargo makes titanium bottles if you want a light metal bottle. Your wallet will be lighter too
    this is why I don't buy flask/(empty) water bottle, often I don't want sugary dring with my meal and I end with a sparkling water bottle (so I kind of collect them *facepalm*), 50cl is perfect for travel
    just a Bihnion here

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the GSI Microlite 1000 and love it. It is almost exactly the same size as 32 oz Nalgene. It also holds ice/keeps cold for a very long time.

I carry it in the water bottle pocket of my Synapse 25 and it fits fine. I don't have an overstuffed main compartment, so I'm not sure how that would effect the carry.

Forum Member
    Somerset, England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Chillys Bottles. They advertise that they keep drinks cold for 24 hours and hot for 12. I haven't used them for hot drinks, but they definitely keep drinks cold for hours (provided that they're cold to start with, and you don't rely on putting it in the fridge to cool down).

(Edited for formatting)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the S'ip by S'well bottles. The shape is easier to get in and out of my S25.
    Happy owner of Original copilot, Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Gave Hubby a Pilot for Christmas!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m partial to Dopper. I have an insulated one that holds 580ml and weighs 370g empty. I also have a plastic uninsulated one that holds 450ml; that one is light at 100g. Both fit really nicely in the S25’s water bottle compartment.

Forum Member
    The Netherlands
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allanorn View Post
    I’m partial to Dopper. I have an insulated one that holds 580ml and weighs 370g empty. I also have a plastic uninsulated one that holds 450ml; that one is light at 100g. Both fit really nicely in the S25’s water bottle compartment.

Hooray for Dopper! Are you Dutch? I can usually recognise Dutch people abroad by their Doppers, lol. (Bonus points if the bottle has a logo on it from the place they work/study at, means they got it as a gift for Christmas usually.) I really like that you can use it as a cup as well. It's a great bottle for kids that way, too.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaH82 View Post
    Hooray for Dopper! Are you Dutch? I can usually recognise Dutch people abroad by their Doppers, lol. (Bonus points if the bottle has a logo on it from the place they work/study at, means they got it as a gift for Christmas usually.) I really like that you can use it as a cup as well. It's a great bottle for kids that way, too.
    I’m not Dutch, but I spent 3-1/2 weeks cycling all through the Netherlands last year and saw the Doppers in use. It’s a great concept with the built-in cup. I bought the uninsulated one in an Amsterdam gift shop since the insulated ones weren’t out yet.

Indianapolis
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like my Cotopaxi insulated bottle. They come in 3 different sizes: 500 mL, 750 mL, and 1000 mL.
    A30 Black Dyneema/Wasabi, PCSB Iberian, S19 Black Dyneema/Wasabi, SE Forest/UV, SCB Orange 152/Navy , A30 End Pocket PC Steel Dyneema, TSS in various sizes: Solar, Iberian, Wasabi, Steel, and Zest. 3D COC Orange 152, COP Cayenne, Small OP Solar, COW Wasabi, LSB Wasabi, SSB Zest, PCBP Steel, TT Zest,

York, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the replies - I will have a look at them and see what I think.
    I haven’t really been online - been playing kitchens!
    TIA
    Jaffa
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the moment, I'm using a Thermoflask bottle but I'm not especially happy with it, so I've ordered a glass bottle to try out.

In India, there is an abundance of metal crockery and bottles, although going there as a kid made me really hate the metallic taste and sharp edges. I've grown up hating metal'ware' ever since.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast