Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imperator View Post
    Soooo back to summer clothes; I've been liking my Tilley Mashup hat. The fabric is more "rustic", and I think more stylish than the other Tilley offerings. The brim can be shaped when wet, I have mine styled more like a Panama/ Slouch hat. It also crushable, I reshape it on the road by dampening it and stuffing a towel inside it if it looks too sloppy.
    I love Tilley hats, especially the airflo. Thanks for the post, I had not seen they had a recycled mashup version.

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    Yes! My favorites are merino blend by sockwell that I got from Sock Dreams. Their website is so informative and detailed, I love ordering from them.

So, yes, as others have said, compression socks mitigate the discomfort air pressure changes can cause because circulation to your extremeties gets messed up. I have wide (17 inch) calves, so if I can wear them anyone can.

Wearing compression socks does mean that you've got socks you won't wear at your destination. My minimalist-ish packing style is guided by the idea that everything I pack is useful for a variety of purposes. Compression socks are an exception to that rule. So, yeah, wool socks for Hawaii.

Forum Member
    Hong Kong
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just returned from five sweltering days in Vienna, where linen shirts worked perfectly. They're lightweight and don't cling no matter how much I sweat. I never iron them while on the road; hanging them overnight is enough to soften the hardest creases. I found that this slightly rumpled look is fine for casual summer travel, and besides, everyone else looks rumpled in this heat, too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2