Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

View Poll Results: My experience of the comparison feature was...

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • I used the comparison feature and found it helpful.

22 52.38%
  • I tried the comparison feature but didnít find it that helpful.

3 7.14%
  • I didnít use the comparison feature because Iím mostly on mobile.

3 7.14%
  • I didnít use the comparison feature because I didnít need it.

7 16.67%
  • The Dimensions & Specs page works good enough for me.

8 19.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI: Comparison Feature Temporarily Going Away + Your Feedback Wanted

Sadly, our recently added bag comparison feature -- how, on desktop, you can visit a category page and select multiple bags to compare dimensions and other specs -- will be disappearing this week. It was based on an app that's now retiring.

After that happens, we would recommend using our Dimensions / Specs page to see various info all in one spot side-by-side:
    https://www.tombihn.com/pages/dimensions-specs

We're looking at working towards a new version of our comparison feature, assuming it's a feature that most of you would like us to add back to the website. The good part about this is: should we move forward, it's an opportunity for us to review and improve the functionality. Part of that process is getting your feedback on how you use/used the existing comparison feature.

I've added a poll so everyone can quickly vote as to whether they used the comparison feature. I welcome any additional feedback anyone would like to offer, including stuff along the lines of:

Is there functionality in the existing comparison feature that you found useful?
    With the caveat that there are limitations in what functionality we can pull off, is there anything you'd like to see the comparison feature do that the current one doesn't do?
    Anything else?
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Atlanta, GA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Anything else?
    Would it be possible to add some links with photos of other bags that a shopper might want to consider based on the item they are looking at? Maybe in a tab or drop down on the item description page so it doesn’t get too cluttered? I.e. on the S19 page, have the L15 and the DLBP, on the BB have the A30 and S25, etc... Usually when I’m shopping for something, I appreciate recommendations for other items that might fill the need. I hope this makes sense... I am tech challenged. But I CAN make GF pizza from scratch.
    current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color 好的朋友

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    My access is limited to my smartphone or tablet. I would use the comparison feature if it was available for my devices. Thank you for letting us vote! elisa

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm one of the ones who originally asked for this feature and I use it a lot. The size/dimension page is divided into categories of bags, but with the compare tool, we could compare most of the bags however we wanted.
    For me it was a great way to compare, say, the TC, SK, and DLBC all as one left to right grid/visual....

ETA: I just used it to compare SE, CP, and DLBC for a discussion on one of the other threads
    Last edited by G42; 07-30-2019 at 08:12 AM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the comparison feature quite often. I like that it lays out in an easy to use style and contains a useful balance of info to compare and narrow down alternatives. It would be great if the replacement were also available on portable devices. I do also use the size/dimension page, which is great for specific detail, but not so convenient for simple or general comparisons.
    Last edited by BigBadD; 07-29-2019 at 08:32 PM.

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I find it useful and did use it
    but spec & dimensions are so well described that they are enough by themselves
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a replacement a page with a drawing of the outline of each bag, in each category, nestled inside the bigger bag almost like the toddler container game where cups nestled in one another are of different colors.

For example: Big Carry ons: A45 outline in black, A30 in red, Tri-Star in black, WF in green. The Pilots in their own category but to scale with the big Carry Ons outlines.

Same concept with all the backpacks, the Yeomans, the Cafe Bags...

Ideally, one could click on a bag outline and drag it to a "virtual packing area" where one could drag other TB bags and ultimately accessories inside the bag. outline

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I love the electronic comparison feature, this is just as likely to happen!
    FYI: Comparison Feature Temporarily Going Away + Your Feedback Wanted-comparison-jpg

The index card/post it version is tacked up above my computer. The page finder is tucked into my Franklin Planner.