Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where would I sell headphones?

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I bought a MacBook for College-Bound Kid today, and Apple's "student special" was unfortunately NOT a discount but a "free" pair of very expensive (supposedly $350) Beat headphones, which College-Bound Kid isn't interested in, preferring ear buds.

I certainly don't need $350 headphones.

I'd rather have the $350.

I've never actually sold anything on-line, and have no idea where to start. Where would I sell it, and how much should I ask?
    Happy owner of Original copilot, Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Gave Hubby a Pilot for Christmas!

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would try eBay. You can start by doing an advanced search to look for those same headphones in sold listings, so you can see how much they sold for. That will give you an idea of how much you're likely to be able to get for them.

Then you'll get to choose whether to do an auction-style listing or a "buy it now" listing. For something like your headphones I'd probably go with "buy it now." Oh, and if they're still in the box make sure to put "NIB" or "new in box" in the listing!

Be prepared for eBay's fees, though. They're probably quite reasonable, but they can be disappointing if you're not expecting them--you think you're getting X amount of money but you really only net X minus the fees. If you want to calculate the fees but find eBay's description confusing (as I sometimes do) I recently discovered there are websites that calculate them--search for ebay fee calculator.

Good luck!
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    Sorry if this is a stupid question. I bought a MacBook for College-Bound Kid today, and Apple's "student special" was unfortunately NOT a discount but a "free" pair of very expensive (supposedly $350) Beat headphones, which College-Bound Kid isn't interested in, preferring ear buds.

I certainly don't need $350 headphones.

I'd rather have the $350.

I've never actually sold anything on-line, and have no idea where to start. Where would I sell it, and how much should I ask?
    This is not about selling headphones, but to point ou that the offer from Apple is for one of three models: Beats Solo 3 Wireless Headphones (the most expensive in dollar value, and the one your son doesnít want), the Powerbeats 3, or the Beats X ó the last two are earbud style instead of on ear headphones. Just pointing out that one of the other alternatives might be more usable for you even if their list price dollar value is not as high.

moriond

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    This is not about selling headphones, but to point ou that the offer from Apple is for one of three models: Beats Solo 3 Wireless Headphones (the most expensive in dollar value, and the one your son doesn’t want), the Powerbeats 3, or the Beats X — the last two are earbud style instead of on ear headphones. Just pointing out that one of the other alternatives might be more usable for you even if their list price dollar value is not as high.

moriond
    We came home with the Beats studio wireless -- that's what they offered us in the store. They're sitting in a bag, waiting for me to decide what to do with them... I haven't unboxed them, but dang, that box is HEAVY.
    Happy owner of Original copilot, Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Gave Hubby a Pilot for Christmas!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I a not sure where the 350 price came from, but those earphones are easily found for under 200 USD. If you try to sell them, do your research first and put a decent price on them and they should sell.

Silicon Valley
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can try head-fi.org which is pretty much the best place to buy/sell headphones from people who are specifically looking to do that.

Forum Member
    New England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sold sold some headphones on ebay this past Winter. You can search completed listings to see what they're selling for and if they're even selling at all. But the learning curve for posting, policies, linking ebay to paypal, etc is steep and time-consuming. I'd try craigslist or @GrussGott's suggestion first.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    We came home with the Beats studio wireless -- that's what they offered us in the store. They're sitting in a bag, waiting for me to decide what to do with them... I haven't unboxed them, but dang, that box is HEAVY.
    If you arenít too far from the store, can you take them back and ask if you can swap them for earbuds?