Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Merino dresses

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RosemaryOrchard View Post
    The Ibex shop came back online recently (with password protection, if you're in their Facebook group they posted the password there) and I'm disappointed to see no dresses at all! I'm going to have to keep an eye out for dresses in regular stores - I'm not willing to pay customs on something that might not fit Frown

I did get a lovely wool dress from Sea Salt in the UK a few weeks ago though, it's not Merino but it's very comfortable.
    Grrr. I was hoping Ibex would send out an e-mail. I refuse to go on Facebook.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duggy'sMom: Thank you for the photos. I like the horizontal stripe dress on you.

I actually think the horizontal stripes make you look slimmer. There's proof: Peter Thompson and Kyriaki Mikellidou, The 3-D Helmholtz Square illusion: more reasons to wear horizontal stripes, Journal of Vision, August 5, 2009 vol. 9 no. 8 article 50.

When two people are the same size, a person wearing a horizontal-striped dress appears to be the thinner of the two. In order for the them to appear to be the same size, the person wearing the horizontal stripes would have to be six percent wider than the person dressed in vertically-striped clothing.

Merino dresses-capture-png

Vertical stripes look even worse when they follow your curves.

Thanks for your comments about the different fabrics.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 11-19-2019 at 07:56 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RosemaryOrchard View Post
    The Ibex shop came back online recently (with password protection, if you're in their Facebook group they posted the password there) and I'm disappointed to see no dresses at all! I'm going to have to keep an eye out for dresses in regular stores - I'm not willing to pay customs on something that might not fit Frown

I did get a lovely wool dress from Sea Salt in the UK a few weeks ago though, it's not Merino but it's very comfortable.
    Can you share the password?
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

TB Newbie Rainbow First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, could you share the password please?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessmakes View Post
    Can you share the password?
    They specifically said they don't want us to share it outside the Facebook group, and from what I can tell most things are sold out already Frown
    But if you join the Ibex Insiders group it's right there in the post!
    Proud owner of a Synik 22 (Aubergine/Northwest Sky), a Medium Cafť Bag (Alphaviolet), and a whole host of accessories.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was disappointed with the Ibex secret sale too, it was just ten items, none of which were that memorable: a short sleeve tee, a long sleeve tee, a scoop neck tee, two tank tops, some base layer leggings, two styles of undies and one zip jacket for the womenís stuff. I am not exaggerating, that is the extent of it. Ten items in total. Socks are separate.

To be fair, they did say they were unprepared for the demand they were seeing (hence the password) and they were going to be adding more things soon.

I suspect they really wanted to be open before the Christmas season but werenít really ready.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I got the password. Grrr. Facebook. Anyway, I'm underwhelmed by their offerings. There's nothing different than what I can get from Icebreaker. What I liked about the original Ibex, was that their stuff did NOT look like Icebreaker.

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duggy'sMom View Post
    I didn't think I'd ever buy horizontal stripes but I really liked this one.
    Lol yeah I had a huge revelation in my thirties: holy crap I can wear whatever I want! It turned out being small isn't inherently superior to being big, so there isn't actually any need to try to look smaller. Whether stripes are slimming or not, slimming isn't actually important. I get to choose what's important about my appearance!

Changed my life.

Minneapolis
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lia View Post
    Lol yeah I had a huge revelation in my thirties: holy crap I can wear whatever I want! It turned out being small isn't inherently superior to being big, so there isn't actually any need to try to look smaller. Whether stripes are slimming or not, slimming isn't actually important. I get to choose what's important about my appearance!

Changed my life.
    Combine with, “you’ll feel and look better with a bra that fits right” and I’m 1000% there with you. ��
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.Ē ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    OK, I got the password. Grrr. Facebook. Anyway, I'm underwhelmed by their offerings. There's nothing different than what I can get from Icebreaker. What I liked about the original Ibex, was that their stuff did NOT look like Icebreaker.
    @BWeaves and Others,

They got around to sending passwords to others who were on the mailing list, but who hadnít joined the Facebook group, earlier today (maybe 6+ hours ago). I see what you all mean about the limited selection of items. I hope they do manage to revive Ibex, but itís going to be a long haul. Was there any information about who was involved in the relaunch effort and factors behind this? (since Iím never going to create a Facebook account if thatís what is required to find out)

moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @BWeaves and Others,

They got around to sending passwords to others who were on the mailing list, but who hadn’t joined the Facebook group, earlier today (maybe 6+ hours ago). I see what you all mean about the limited selection of items. I hope they do manage to revive Ibex, but it’s going to be a long haul. Was there any information about who was involved in the relaunch effort and factors behind this? (since I’m never going to create a Facebook account if that’s what is required to find out)

moriond
    I'm also a 'never FB'... so I had dug up this article earlier with some background

https://www.snewsnet.com/gear/ibex-o...ng-relaunching
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can get a navy blue wool T shirt and tights from anyone. I want wool dresses, and infinity wraps, and matching tops in interesting heathered colors and designs that are not T shirts, and skirts I can wear to work. Those are the Ibex items I currently have in my closet.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    They got around to sending passwords to others who were on the mailing list, but who hadn’t joined the Facebook group, earlier today (maybe 6+ hours ago).
    I'm on the mailing list but haven't heard anything from them about this--the last I got from them was in October to say there would be a launch coming up. Either they're sending out a few emails at a time (not unheard of) or... something else happened, who knows. (I did check spam!)

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was on their e-mail list, but I never got an e-mail with a password.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4