Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When your kid loves TB!

I was watching reviews of the S25 used for one bag travel. (Iíve been using a S19 either with my NFTD or the CP.) Since I donít have room in my budget for even a used bag, i was contemplating trading the NFTD for a S25. My son was shocked! He told me I canít get rid of it, because itís too cute. And then he said heíd buy it off me so we could ďkeep it in the family!Ē

And then he challenged me to make the S19 work!

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a thought, you could post your s19 up for a swap, there may be someone out there wanting to downsize. Yes, hang onto that nftd, theyíre rare!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, try to swap the 19 for a 25. The NFTD is a special bag!

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I'm lucky, my flat shoes and sneakers can fit in the end pockets.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tress29 View Post
    I was watching reviews of the S25 used for one bag travel. (I’ve been using a S19 either with my NFTD or the CP.) Since I don’t have room in my budget for even a used bag, i was contemplating trading the NFTD for a S25. My son was shocked! He told me I can’t get rid of it, because it’s too cute. And then he said he’d buy it off me so we could “keep it in the family!”

And then he challenged me to make the S19 work!
    I wholeheartedly agree with him!

Also, if you shoe size is on the small size, you might be too, even if not, if you have a short torso, the S25 might be too long.

It happen to me and, I think others, hence the creation of the Synick 22, a smudge bigger than the S19 but not as big as the S25.

I wonder if there are other TB owners, on the forum, in Indiana, who have an S25. So, you can check if it will fit you.

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    if you shoe size is on the small size, you might be too, even if not, if you have a short torso, the S25 might be too long.
    I dug out his old TNF Surge laptop backpack to try on. First off, it's 31L and weighs over 3#!! But it's 20" tall, so I was trying it on for fit. The bag is very stiff because it has a padded laptop compartment (opens clamshell style for airport use.) When I had the bag sitting comfortably on the top of my butt, the shoulder straps didn't touch my shoulders. The straps attach at the top edge of the bag. When I compared it to online pictures of the S25, the Synapse straps are attached at the top of the black back panel. So is that at 19"? It looks like the top of the bag is above the attachment point?

When I posited I might look at other travel bags, he acted shocked and called it "Blasphemous!" He's right, I'd prefer my favorite brand! So I made my standard table/chart to compare the S19, S25 and SN22. The Synik weighs/costs significantly more than the S25, with less carrying capacity. Since I'm intending it for travel, not EDC, I'd prefer to save the weight of the laptop compartment and pass through options.

I did poke around on Amazon looking at other options. Either I'd look like a backpacker, or I'd worry the bag would fall apart from shoddy construction!

Forum Member
    VA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you really need more space, the Brain Bag has lots more, plus compression straps for when not full, AND is not as tall as the S25. Just FYI!