Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ibex is coming back next month.

I just got an e-mail that Ibex is planning on relaunching next month (or in a month, or something like that).

https://www.ibex.com

I always found their clothing fit me better than Icebreaker, and Ibex had more regular styles for just regular life or travel.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay! I've really fallen in love with merino - have you checked out the Meriwool 250 weight baselayer shirts? I have them in 3 colors now and they are just dreamy. I just wish I could find LS merino shirts in white or close to it. Always black and grey! :-)
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made my day! Great news!!!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have a Facebook group called Ibex Insiders - anyone can join. I think the company was taken over - so it remains to be seen if the new iteration will embody all the qualities that made Ibex a beloved brand. They do seem to be open to feedback and wishlists, so go and make your preferences known!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ibex occasionally had lighter colors, like a dusty pink or a sky blue.

Quote Originally Posted by jessmakes View Post
    Yay! I've really fallen in love with merino - have you checked out the Meriwool 250 weight baselayer shirts? I have them in 3 colors now and they are just dreamy. I just wish I could find LS merino shirts in white or close to it. Always black and grey! :-)

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There used to be an Ibex store in Seattle, and I would stock up during sales. Fairly close to their closing I picked up a couple of merino and silk turtlenecks in white and in black, and even those blends were incredibly soft and sleek. Definitely my favorite of the merino clothing companies. Thank you!
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! Love their stuff. Hopefully it comes back as good as before. If you haven’t checked out Duckworth, give them a go. Love their Vapor t-shirts.

Forum Member
    Florida, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by damonsharp View Post
    Nice! Love their stuff. Hopefully it comes back as good as before. If you haven’t checked out Duckworth, give them a go. Love their Vapor t-shirts.
    Agreed... Ibex is great!

Stocked up on their woven wool shirts before they went under, but am glad they are making a comeback.

PS - Re that Duckworth link, be aware that the website's description of the Vapor T seems deliberately opaque about fabric content. Reviews reveal that it is made mostly of synthetics, though, with just 38% wool. :-( I get that manufacturers are increasingly using blends, but that seems like a really low wool content for that price point. I have had good luck picking up T's with a high merino content (87-100%) for much less during Ibex and Icebreaker sales. YMMV
    Last edited by bb93fo57; 10-03-2019 at 06:51 AM.