Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish, Bijoux. Traveling musician here, so no German colleagues to contact.

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    My employer does not cover ANYTHING for phone other than wifi in the hotel room
    So you have a solid excuse to ignore work-related calls for a week...and it costs NOTHING? That sounds awesome. Looking out the window of Europe's railscape without a phone to distract you will be enchanting.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imperator View Post
    So you have a solid excuse to ignore work-related calls for a week...and it costs NOTHING? That sounds awesome. Looking out the window of Europe's railscape without a phone to distract you will be enchanting.
    Looking out of train windows in Europe is TOTALLY awesome! As a musician, though, my job doesn't involve phones. So I there's certainly valid reason for my employer not to cover phone access for me. It does complicate being able to contact family back home, though!
    Happy owner of Original copilot, Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Gave Hubby a Pilot for Christmas!

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    It does complicate being able to contact family back home, though!
    Now that they also have iPhones, it's a good time to discover the magic of Facetime group calls. It's loads of fun for kids and grandparents alike.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The iPhone 11 should have come with earbuds with the Lightning connector-- the same as the charging port. You can get an adapter and use any headphones with a 3.5mm plug. Get an adapter that is Apple band or certified as many brand-x versions won't work. You can't use the headphones and charge at the same time Frown

I have used Orange brand SIM cards with good results. You can get a 14 day version on Amazon for $50 and top it up as needed if your trip is longer that 2 weeks. You will have a French phone number. Take a small paper clip with you to open the SIM card slot. Swap the cards after you land and and take some sort of container so you don't lose your US SIM card. You might find deals in country.

DO NOT buy a "Three" brand card.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imperator View Post
    Now that they also have iPhones, it's a good time to discover the magic of Facetime group calls. It's loads of fun for kids and grandparents alike.
    Unfortunately, gotta have wifi for those FaceTime calls. Sometimes hotels don't have wifi in the room (though they advertise that they do), and I don't like making phone calls in the lobby with people milling about.
    Happy owner of Original copilot, Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Gave Hubby a Pilot for Christmas!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2