Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Convertible Clothing for Travel

Does anyone have any clothing pieces from Diane Kroe? She designs convertible clothing (perfect for those trying to be minimalist.) Her website shows some beautiful selections, but I was hoping to get some honest reviews from anyone who owns some pieces or have seen them in person.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't used them myself, but I thought I remembered seeing someone mention them here before. Here's one reference: https://forums.tombihn.com/not-about...html#post49486

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks you aedifica!

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Diane Kroe clothing and always travel with at least one piece. I’ve tried a lot of convertible clothing and haven’t had a lot of luck but most of the Kroe pieces I have are used often. They are lightweight, wrinkle free, and nice looking. I usually use only two variations of the item but that’s still good in my opinion.

I wrote a blog article on this actually - https://travelingtulls.com/2019/06/2...ing-for-women/
    Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    I love the concept of convertible clothing. However, as a typical person of the female persuasion, I wear a bra. I was raised to believe that visible undergarments, like bra straps, are in bad taste. If another woman chooses to let her bra straps show or chooses to go bra-less, that's great, but it's not for me. I can applaud women that have overcome this archaic thinking, but I still can't allow my own bra straps to show.

I'm aware that strapless bras are available, however, there are two reasons I won't use it for travel. First, it's an extra item and I pack minimalist style as much as possible. I only bring two bras and they will always be comfortable ones. Second, I've yet to find a strapless bra that really works and is also comfortable.

I loved the Diane Kroe collection and the versatility of the pieces. The Butterfly Wrap is appealing. However, the number of styles that would require a strapless bra far outnumber the usefulness of the other options for me.
    Here is the link: https://dianekroe.com/

I'm always looking for truly reversible clothing with a different color or pattern on each side. (The v-neck / scoop-neck isn't practical and they fit me terrible.)

I hope this is helpful. Thank you for sharing! elisa