Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggestions for a block of free time

Hello - I've been away from the forums recently, occasionally checking for updates and catching up. I'm content for now with my TB collection and have been enjoying items like the Mini Yeoman Duffel for weekend trips (a topic I saw brought up in another thread) and the A30 for longer trips. I continue to use my Pilot as my carry-on bag quite often.

I find myself having a few unscheduled days coming up in November due to a work trip that fell through. I have several options for how to use that time, including catching up on work projects, but I could also take a couple of vacation days and catch up on other things at home.

Do you have any suggestions for how you would fill a couple of unexpected free days? I realize this is very individual, and of course there's the usual stuff of trying out new cafes or finally organizing the digital photos, etc. But I want other creative ideas. If it helps, I am in San Francisco in case you have local recommendations.

Thank you!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For activities I suggest doing something you love, something for someone(s) else, and something absolutely new and vaguely uncomfortable to stretch yourself a bit.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Natick, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With a couple days off, I would probably stick close to home and nestle in and enjoy the coming of the holiday season. My ideal day to myself (I am rarely at home alone so being alone without kid and husband would be a novelty): a leisurely morning at the gym, a nice long shower at home, grind some fresh Coffee and make a big omelette. Since I usually feel more energetic in the morning, I might tackle a home project- clean out the pantry/lazy Susan cabinet/ gather outgrown children’s clothing to donate but make it fun—-have a British mystery show from Britbox subscription (Vera, Father Brown) in the background or listen to a favorite podcast (the one chronicling Dolly Parton’s life is amazing). I would try to get a few hours of “work” in then go for a walk in the woods nearby before thinking about lunch...after lunch read a good book, build a fire in fireplace, nap a bit, start a big puzzle ��, and switch on Great British Baking show- will this inspire some dessert baking? Maybe...but definitely think about dinner. Make a soup and some biscuits. Enjoy meal at home with friends and family! Go to bed, rinse, wash, repeat!!
    Last edited by nsh; 11-06-2019 at 04:06 AM.

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    Here's a few ideas that I hope to be doing this month.

1. Language classes to learn or brush up on a foreign language.
    2. Trip planning. I'm working on an itinerary for next year.
    3. Music lessons. I teach ukulele, but any instrument you fancy will be fun!
    4. Take a day or weekend just for you. Go visit a museum or schedule a spa day.

I know I tend to work too hard, so I really appreciate a day doing something that I really enjoy. Good luck! elisa

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite time off is to stay home and enjoy my house. Then again, I have a lot of hobbies that are craft related, and all my craft stuff is in my house.

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the midst of a bathroom remodel, replacing the old, old bathtub. I think I need a full day just to have a long soak, with a good book!

I've found that if I don't plan anything, I don't get anything done. It's too easy to get sucked into the internet/Netflix/You Tube hole!

Besides checking out a new café, is there a day trip you've been wanting to take? Are there still fall colors in the trees up around Napa? I was stationed at Mare Island in the late 80s, loved exploring the countryside.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm knitting again, for the first time since a major shoulder injury in 2016. Something I can do during family gatherings or while listening to music or an audiobook.

I'm a football-player-sized guy, so knitting is always a conversation-starter if I'm in public (on the bus, etc.).

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate all the ideas and look forward to a couple of days of enjoyable time!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps there are some volunteering opportunities that you might be interested in? Anything from walking shelter dogs, to cleaning beaches, or volunteering at a food bank?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember the motto?- work, play sleep.
    With time off work, it leaves us with play and sleep. BTW there is a Stanford study on sleep, which in summary says we should never underestimate the importance of sleep, this is one of the most important aspect to all achievements in our lives and esp. in a competitive situations. Having said that, we are left with "play". And here is where it all depends on what exactly this means to you. In any case, go sleep and then PLAY!