Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bluffworks now has ladies clothing.

Bluffworks now has ladies clothing. A T shirt, a button shirt, cropped pants and a dress. Has anyone tried them?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Bluffworks now has ladies clothing. A T shirt, a button shirt, cropped pants and a dress. Has anyone tried them?
    BWeaves...apparently we're on the same wavelength when it comes to travel gear... Cool

I ordered the pants and a t-shirt when their sale started a few days ago. They're supposed to come tomorrow - I'll report back!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'd like that dress! For me, dresses are the ultimate travel item, I can pair them with leggings and a t-shirt (long or short sleeve) if it's colder, or wear them alone if it's hot. This is definitely going on my list of "to order on my next trip to the US!".
    Proud owner of a Synik 22 (Aubergine/Northwest Sky), a Medium Café Bag (Alphaviolet), and a whole host of accessories.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just saw this thread and quickly ordered 2 t-shirts, lol. My husband has several pairs of their chinos and loves them. Ill report back on the T’s

Minneapolis
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ifer View Post
    BWeaves...apparently we're on the same wavelength when it comes to travel gear... Cool

I ordered the pants and a t-shirt when their sale started a few days ago. They're supposed to come tomorrow - I'll report back!
    I love the look of the pants--please do let us know what you think of them! I have so many pairs of pants, just like I have so many backpacks, but I always somehow manage to justify one more.
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.” ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ifer View Post
    I'm looking forward to your review. I've been considering some travel friendly pants, but I don't care for the cropped style...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My order arrived today!

I loved the t-shirt. It's soft, didn't look like it would wrinkle, and fit great. The fit is slightly curved around the waist, so I think it'll be flattering on a lot of body types. I can see ordering more of these in more colors and really wish I could have brought a couple to Hawaii! Next year... Oh, the color of the heather gray is also a little darker than pictured, which is a plus for me.

The pants are a lot heavier than I was expecting. I guess I was assuming they'd be similar in weight to the Prana Briann pants, but they are probably the heaviest pants I own. That said, they are a completely different style from all of my other pants so it probably shouldn't have surprised me. For reference, I'm usually a 0 or 2 in pants and dresses. I opted for the 0 since the style was pleated/baggier. They fit...a little tighter than I'd like... I would recommend sizing up if you're unsure. Since I'm 5'2, they aren't really ankle length on me, more of an in-between, but I tried them on with Chelsea boots and they looked cute.

Since I don't have any other pants in this style, they'll be very useful for travel because they will make the same shirt worn with "skinny" pants look completely different. So I'm considering keeping them, even if they are heavy!

Happy to answer any questions!
    Last edited by ifer; 11-20-2019 at 05:57 AM.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!

The pants have snaps for changing the length. Have you played with the snaps yet?

How are the pockets in the pants? Do they show through the fabric? I'm guessing they don't since the fabric is heavy. How are the pants when you load up the pockets?

What color did you order in the pants? Black or navy blue. How would you describe the blue? Pretty or dull?

You know you can return them for a larger size. Don't keep them if they are too tight. You won't wear them if you are uncomfortable.

Do the pants feel polyestery? You know what I mean. Or do they feel rayon? Rayon is HEAVY. How do the interior seams feel against your skin?
    Last edited by BWeaves; 11-20-2019 at 07:53 PM.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, since Bluffworks is having a 30% off sale on men's clothing, I ordered my husband a couple of their new style of Ascender chino pants. His Gramercy pants still look great, but his original chinos have weird shiny marks where he carried things in his pockets, so we're going to try the new Ascender chinos, because the material is different.

I was going to order some of the ladies items, but I'm not totally enamored of them. I have enough T shirts, and I don't look good in V-necks. As far as the button up shirt, I don't like pockets on my breasts, Plus, I don't get the big deal about the snap. Just put more buttons in the breast area. There's no law that the buttons have to be evenly spaced. The pants look unflattering and heavy. And the dress is too short for me. I need my knees covered. Sigh. Plus, I'm not sure on sizing. I'm usually a size 10, but I'm not sure my measurements match their sizing. I'm 38-33-40. On their size chart, my boobs are a size 12, my waist is a size 14, and my hips are a size 10.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 11-22-2019 at 07:43 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Thank you!

The pants have snaps for changing the length. Have you played with the snaps yet?

How are the pockets in the pants? Do they show through the fabric? I'm guessing they don't since the fabric is heavy. How are the pants when you load up the pockets?

What color did you order in the pants? Black or navy blue. How would you describe the blue? Pretty or dull?

You know you can return them for a larger size. Don't keep them if they are too tight. You won't wear them if you are uncomfortable.

Do the pants feel polyestery? You know what I mean. Or do they feel rayon? Rayon is HEAVY. How do the interior seams feel against your skin?
    Sorry for the delay in response!

I haven't played with the snaps at all. It's pretty cold here in Chicago so it didn't even occur to me to do that! The pockets are fine. I did not see them through the fabric at all - nor did I see my tucked in shirt (and as I mentioned, they fit me a bit tighter than they fit the model in the photos).

I ordered them in the Navy blue. I'd say it's dull, a little desaturated - more of a neutral than a pop of color. Definitely not as vibrant as my Navy Maker's Bag.

I'm not sure how to answer your question about Rayon vs Polyester. I have a couple of "ponte" dresses and skirts and I'd say it's similar to the pants in texture an weight. They definitely don't feel or look as "plastic" as my Prana Briann pants. The seams feel fine against my skin! They're definitely there but don't bother me.

I hope this is helpful! The only real downside of the pants is how heavy they are, since I got them specifically for travel. I'm taking them on my Thanksgiving trip so I should have a better sense of them in a week or so.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the “feel” of the 2 t-shirts; they wash and hang dry nicely.
    I will say that they are a bit shorter than I like, think slightly below waist, and wider than I was expecting.
    I’d say they run a bit large and I’d suggest ordering a size smaller if you prefer a more fitted look.
    I’m keeping them because they are light and they launder nicely for travel, but I wouldn’t order them otherwise.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good information. Thank you both.